🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS Down After Ending Contract with Client (w...
Page options
renomureza
Community Member

JSS Down After Ending Contract with Client (without any news for 4 months)

Hi Upwork Team,

I take great care of JSS and my reputation as a freelancer at Upwork. All my projects end well and all clients are satisfied, and I think all the clients I have worked with are satisfied with my work.

Sometimes I do what I shouldn't be doing at no extra cost, I do this so that they are satisfied with the service I provide. Unfortunately my JSS is down, I think this is because I terminated a contract with a client who had no news for about 4 months.

I have one client (fixed price) where I have completed the project on the same day around February 8th, and the client has already paid me. After that the client did not give any news, the contract was still running, on May 24 I finally decided to terminate the contract, a few days later my JSS dropped to 95%.

The reason I terminated the contract was because several prospective clients often wanted me to focus on one project.

I've read some of Upwork's documentation, one says it won't affect JSS, and another says it can affect JSS.

I hope to get an explanation here.

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
abixbg
Community Member

I learned to end unresponsive contratcs ASAP, the hard way since Upwork cares much more for Client satisfaction than the freelancers' one. After all clients has the money...

Recently I was told that you can be hired then the client can dissapear the next day, even without any work tracked (hourly contract) and you can still get JSS damages if the clients decide to be a ****. Oh and the best part: even if the client is a good guy and he just found better freelancer and give you positive feedback anyway, your JSS will not be affected. 

So basically Clients has noting to lose if they stop responding... and thats why this is so common. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members