cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS decrease with no contracts ending these past two weeks, last feedback from 4 months ago

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
81 of 90

If you are  solely dependent on this platform for your daily income (which I don't recommend), then it is essential that you learn every trick and twist to the system. Otherwise, you will continue to experience unwelcome and costly surprises. Smiley Frustrated

jasenka_a
Jasenka A Member Since: Jun 13, 2016
82 of 90

As they say, there's no use crying over spilled milk.

Will see how everything develops outside Upwork and on it. 

tlbp
Community Guru
83 of 90

Hopefully, it will develop well. Smiley Happy

tlbp
Community Guru
84 of 90

Kristen,

Were the 4.8 and the 4.6 factored into any score before this one?

kmhernandez
Ace Contributor
Kristen H Member Since: Apr 11, 2016
85 of 90

@Tonya P wrote:

Kristen,

Were the 4.8 and the 4.6 factored into any score before this one?

Ugh!!! Those didn't show up yesterday-- they are from two of the open contracts that said they loved my work and wanted to keep contracts open to keep giving me jobs! 

One of them offered me another job yesterday but didn't like my price. He must have wanted to get the last word in! Thanks for bringing that to my attention. My Upwork honeymoon is over. 

tlbp
Community Guru
86 of 90

Well, that wasn't very nice of those two clients. Hopefully, you can move them off your front page quickly! (You should see the one I have lurking several pages back.)

m_radmilac
Milos R Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
87 of 90

I got a reply on my request to solve my JSS issue. Apparently everyhthing is fine! I was hallucinating the whooole thing! 

I got the whole: everything is ok, the JSS is calculated every two weeks, and the help ignored my problem: that my JSS was updated only two days after the REGULAR update. Regular update was on 12th, and another came on 14th. Now I don't know how good my math is, but that sounds like two days rather than two weeks.

The Upwork 'Help' was not helpful at all, so I'm stuck.

I wouldn't be suprised if they banned me for being too insistant.

Can anyone here help me? How did you manage to solve the problem?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
88 of 90

@Milos R wrote:

Regular update was on 12th, and another came on 14th. Now I don't know how good my math is, but that sounds like two days rather than two weeks.

The update done on the 12th was wrongly calculated for some (read everyone I know) people. The update had excluded a set of contracts. This led to some people's JSS showing too low, and some people's JSS showing too high (depending on the impact of the contracts that were wrongly excluded from the calculation.)

The update on the 14th took all eligible contracts into account again, which resulted in the error from the 12th being fixed, and the correct JSS showing. For some people it made it higher than the one on the 12th, for some lower. (depending on the impact of the contracts that were wrongly excluded from the June 12th calculation.)

m_radmilac
89 of 90

That could be it, except that the previous calculation of my contract was on 29th of May, thus placing the 12th of June as the exact date of my next JSS calculation (May does have 31 days, rather than 29 xD)

It could also be a mixup during which my account's change got lost in all the shuffle.

Thank you for your responce in any case. I don't want to be serial complainer here, but this whole JSS system is just very frustrating.

m_radmilac
90 of 90

Or it could've been a misscalculation from the start and my score didn't go up at all, thus giving me false hope... 😕 Which again sucks... Pardon the languge....

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS