🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: JSS not increasing - despite bonuses?!
Page options
Julian S Community Member

JSS not increasing - despite bonuses?!

I'm still relatively new here on Upwork and was quite surprised when I realized that I started off with a job success score of only 76% (which was already weird considering the positive feedback from the clients, but however, of course the private feedback could have been different from their public feedback).

I read the forums, realized that there are many people complaining about the intransparency of the calculation of this score, I read those standard responses from Upwork employees, justifying the system and repeating over and over again the same. Okay, I thought, there is nothing that I can do about it, except continuing on working to improve my score by delivering great work - and that's what I did:

Since 14 days ago, when I got the JSS for the first time, I only had 3 client projects.

One project had the highest budget of all my projects so far. This client gave me an outstanding review - he even paid me almost 20% of the whole budget on top as a bonus!

The second client also left an outstanding review, giving me about 10% as a bonus on top.

The third project was quite small, the client also gave me a positive 5 star public feedback.

When the "Clients who would recommend you" value increased two days ago by 10%, I was already looking forward to see how much my JSS would increase. To my surprise, my job success score did not change at all (the "Last updated: " date changed to today, so the update has apparently already happened).

So I'm really curious to understand how this can be explained. Since two of these clients gave me extraordinary bonuses on top, it does absolutely make no sense to assume, that they left a bad private feedback.

I kindly request an Upwork member to look into this.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Julian

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Muneer R Community Member

It takes some hours to update the JSS score on your profile page after the calculation. Once it's on your profile, it will take some hours to show on the stats page. Refresh the profile page at around 12 PM UTC. Hopefully you will see the updated JSS.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

It takes some hours to update the JSS score on your profile page after the calculation. Once it's on your profile, it will take some hours to show on the stats page. Refresh the profile page at around 12 PM UTC. Hopefully you will see the updated JSS.

Julian S Community Member

Thank you, Muneer! Indeed, in the meantime it increased to 86%.

My pleasure! Just two more successful jobs with perfect feedback, and I hope you will be at or above 90%!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members