cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can I end a contract to get a good review, then start another contract with the same client?

Highlighted
Chris H Member Since: Sep 20, 2015
3141 of 5,530

I had a look on your profile. I'm not much of an expert on Upwork but I've seen people with job success scores of 75% be able to find contracts and work there way up to a higher JSS.

Also, the reason why your JSS fell so much with negative feedback from one client is because you only have six jobs under your belt.

Best of luck to you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3142 of 5,530

Clients do not set freelancers' JSS scores.

Therefore, you can not "report a client for destroying your JSS."

If a client violates Upwork TOS in some way, then you can report them.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3143 of 5,530

Michal S wrote:

So I cancelled the contract and write review but still it counts to my Job Success.

The "nothing paid" contract no doubt contributed to your poor JSS, but is not totally responsible.

You likely got not-so-great private feedback in the 4.45 star contract too.

On the positive side, as you have so few completed contracts, future great, positive outcomes will help to get your JSS back on track and after 6 months the poor outcomes fall out of your 6 month window as well.

Highlighted
Andrew Bryan S Member Since: Dec 5, 2018
3144 of 5,530

My "success score" has been downgraded, apparently because I haven't accrued any reviews for a while. I was 98% and now I'm 87%.

I secured a review from a client on an older, still-open contract, but that didn't move the needle.

I have a regular client who'd like to give me a good review, but our contract is ongoing.

Can I end that contract, get that review, then start a new one? I understand that commissions rec'd by Upwork revert to their original percentages. (It's a recent-ish contract but it may be worth it to me in the long run to cancel and start over.)

If that's a TOS violation, do you have any other recommendations, other than more jobs and more reviews? Can I take a few piddly fixed-price jobs for the reviews, and will that help?

ABS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
3145 of 5,530

Can I end that contract, get that review, then start a new one? Yes, you cando that any time.

I understand that commissions rec'd by Upwork revert to their original percentages. (It's a recent-ish contract but it may be worth it to me in the long run to cancel and start over.) You understand wrong. You will continue with the percentage you have reached with this client.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
3146 of 5,530

Confirming Jennifer is 100% correct.

Not that you need confirmation, Jen ...  Smiley Wink

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
3147 of 5,530
I can confirm Wendy is also right and also needs no confirmations.
Highlighted
Mudassar S Member Since: Feb 26, 2019
3148 of 5,530

I don't know why my Job Success Score is drop. while I did my job with 100% quality.

Thanks

Mudassar
Highlighted
Dennis K Member Since: Dec 12, 2017
3149 of 5,530

Hi guys,

Just looking for a way to get in contact with a moderator or staff member at Upwork.

I've had an issue with regard to my JSS and need some help.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3150 of 5,530

Dennis K wrote:

Just looking for a way to get in contact with a moderator or staff member at Upwork.

I've had an issue with regard to my JSS and need some help.

There is little point speaking to Support about your JSS.

Presumably you are wondering why your JSS is 83% when you had no feedback at all in your 3 calculation windows (6 months, 12 months or 24 months)?

My guess is that whilst your long term job counted positively towards your JSS you may have had a job that never led to any earnings (either one that was fully refunded, canceled, closed before anything was paid, or has been open but nothing has ever (!) been paid on it. Such "nothing paid" contracts have a negative effect on the JSS.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS