cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Kingsley I Member Since: Dec 22, 2019
5351 of 5,531
Hi there, I am few months here in Upwork and I have had a great experience. I got a top rated badge after which my JSS started reducing till I got a notice that I am no more qualified to bear the TOP RATED badge. I learnt I had inactive contracts which I have been contacting clients to close the contracts but they are not responding and I am not sure some of these clients have come online for months. I had to close these contracts myself since clients are not responding except few. To my suprise, My JSS moved down to 88%. Even at that, I have gotten some positive reviews, only to check today and discover it has moved down to 84%. For how long will those closed contracts that where inactive keep affecting my JSS? Secondly, is there a way of getting my account up and working again? Because I have not been getting new jobs since this incidence started. I need help Regards!
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5352 of 5,531

Kingsley I wrote:
My JSS moved down to 88%. Even at that, I have gotten some positive reviews, only to check today and discover it has moved down to 84%. For how long will those closed contracts that where inactive keep affecting my JSS? Secondly, is there a way of getting my account up and working again? Because I have not been getting new jobs since this incidence started. I need help Regards!

You are looking at the wrong "reason" for your dropped JSS.

In almost all cases, a drop is caused by poor private feedback, or contracts that never led to any earnings (ever.) 

I see one clear poor outcome and one "could have fone better" one since the last update, so that will have caused 2 hits, and there may be more poor private feedback.

What is your "Clients who would recommend you" rating on your "My Stats" page?

Highlighted
5353 of 5,531
Well my "Clients who would recommend you" is 79%. My worry now is; is there a possibility of rising up again. Because it seems clients are over looking my proposals. I have used over 100 connects, nobody is responding to my proposal. Meanwhile, it has never been so while My JSS was above 90. I do not know if you understand my emotions right now. Please help Thanks!
Highlighted
5354 of 5,531
I mean, if my JSS is decreasing every 2 weeks, how do I maintain my profile again with upwork?
Highlighted
Sana J Member Since: Jan 23, 2020
5355 of 5,531
Hi, I just want to get clear one thing about jss that if I get 5* feedback from the same client consistently and don't apply to other jobs then would it have a negative impact on my jss?
Sana Jehanzaeb
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5356 of 5,531

Sana J wrote:
Hi, I just want to get clear one thing about jss that if I get 5* feedback from the same client consistently and don't apply to other jobs then would it have a negative impact on my jss?

No, of course not.

Highlighted
5357 of 5,531
I don't think so it does! Because this is what happened to me!
Sana Jehanzaeb
Highlighted
5358 of 5,531
Neither of my job is inactive nor I received any negative feedback in fact, consistent 5* I received from my clients how can you decline my jss! What is your criteria? This is not fair at all! I'm not satisfied with your jss calculation!
Sana Jehanzaeb
Highlighted
Community Guru
Sarah B Member Since: Dec 15, 2017
5359 of 5,531

Hi Sana, the low scores on your first two jobs and likely related low private feedback are lowering your JSS. Since you have so few jobs, they make a big impact, but as you keep closing successful contracts, it will get better. The nice thing about public feedback is you know exactly where clients weren't satisfied, so it gives you an idea of how you can improve.

Highlighted
5360 of 5,531
Hi, I just want to get information about jss, that if I get 5* feedback
from the same client consistently and don't apply to other jobs then my jss
won't be increased?
Sana Jehanzaeb
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS