Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Atif R Member Since: Aug 6, 2019
2991 of 5,529

Thanks for the reply. But it is showing me this?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
2992 of 5,529

I rechecked while being unlogged, and it's 86%. 

If that one is the updated one, most likely one of your last contracts didn't like your work, and has put a bad private review.

I'd suggest before closing a contract, asking the client if they are happy with everything.

You can't do much with the last clients now, only good new contracts.

EDIT: Since it's 100% in two places, I think the 86% one is a bug. Just wait a day and recheck it. Logged in users still see 100%.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
2993 of 5,529

Yes that might be the reason. But I have refunded him the prefunded in a goodwill gesture. I have worked hard for 5 days and he didn't like my work, and gave me another chance but I told him that I had given my best and can't promise further improved work as it was a test work, so there was nothing about giving a bad feedback. He was happy as I was refuning the amount. That is just unfair. I worked for him to give a test work and refunded him the amount. I am really disappointed by this gesture.

Please let me know if there is any way to get rid of this unfair negative feedback??

Highlighted
Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
2994 of 5,529

Atif R wrote:

Yes that might be the reason. But I have refunded him the prefunded in a goodwill gesture. I have worked hard for 5 days and he didn't like my work, and gave me another chance but I told him that I had given my best and can't promise further improved work as it was a test work, so there was nothing about giving a bad feedback. He was happy as I was refuning the amount. That is just unfair. I worked for him to give a test work and refunded him the amount. I am really disappointed by this gesture.

Please let me know if there is any way to get rid of this unfair negative feedback??

This might be the reason. Closing a contract without earnings is bad for the JSS, because it was unsuccessful. Refunding everything benefits you only to 'hide' a review on a contract, since it shows only the ones with earnings. But it still affects your JSS.

Test work should also be paid, even if for a smaller price with a neutral review.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
2995 of 5,529

Then there nothing I can do about my bad JSS?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2996 of 5,529

Atif R wrote:

Yes that might be the reason. But I have refunded him the prefunded in a goodwill gesture. I have worked hard for 5 days and he didn't like my work, and gave me another chance but I told him that I had given my best and can't promise further improved work. I worked for him to give a test work and refunded him the amount.That is just unfair.

It's not unfair. It was not a successful contract. Nothing was paid, you didn't earn anything, Upwork didn't earn anything, and the client did not like the work.

Atif R wrote:

No, there isn't.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Antun M Member Since: Jan 27, 2018
2997 of 5,529

Atif R wrote:

Hi,
My stats shows a 100% JSS but on my profile it is showing 86% JSS. please let me know what is happening? and why my JSS has suddenly dropped to 86%?

You tell us.

Did you have a contract where you have provided subpar work? One where you're feeling that client was unfair?

Do you think it's possible that such a client provided fine public feedback, but awful private one?

(at the moment I've clicked on your profile, said 100%)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2998 of 5,529

Atif R wrote:

Hi,
My stats shows a 100% JSS but on my profile it is showing 86% JSS. please let me know what is happening? and why my JSS has suddenly dropped to 86%?

It never updates fully until much later.

First it shows "updated on" on the my Stats page, then nothing happens for several hours, then it starts updating in different stages in different places. Whatever it says in 4-5 hours will be your new JSS.

If it has indeed dropped, you either closed a contract without earnings, have one that's been open for 2+ months with nothing ever (!!!!) earned on it, or you got poor (private) feedback on a contract that closed since the last update 2 weeks ago.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sehar Arif M Member Since: Sep 4, 2018
2999 of 5,529

Petra R wrote:

It never updates fully until much later.

Yes, Petra is right.

My Jss was 95% and today its again 100%. First it updated on my profile and after some hours it updated on my (my stats ) page.

If it has indeed dropped, you either closed a contract without earnings, have one that's been open for 2+ months with nothing ever (!!!!) earned on it, or you got poor (private) feedback on a contract that closed since the last update 2 weeks ago.

This happened with me and Now I get paid on that contract.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3000 of 5,529

How it would possible that JSS dropped with such high percentage with a single bad outcome?

and how many contracts it would take to gain 100% again?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS