🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Jira Integration
Page options
austin_85
Community Member

Jira Integration

Hello, can anybody help with JIRA integration?
We have tried different options and combinations but still every time I try I get the same message like on the screenshot.
Maybe the problem is on the Atlassian side? 5 days ago I've created a support request ID25505044 and still not a word.
I can't even explain it to my employer, because I don't know what to say.

14 REPLIES 14
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ostap,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
lmindlin81
Community Member

Ostap, have you ever received any resolution of your problem? We are having the same issue...

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Leo, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
vovanfl
Community Member

Hello,

I'm facing exactly the same issue as was mentioned by topicstarter. 

Could you please help?

Thanks,

Vladimir

Yes, absolutely. You have to generate an API token on the Jira side, and plug the token into upwork INSTEAD of the Jira password. That solved it for us.

Leo,

I tried to follow your advice of putting Atlassian API token instead of password, but the result is still the same - Malformed Jira response.

What do we do about username parameter? It's not available for Jira cloud anymore.

Vlad

Hi Vladimir,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
a9406054
Community Member

Hello,

I am dealing with this very issue.

Even after I submit the API token instead of the password I get a malformed JIRA response.

Is it a username problem or a URL one?

Thanks for your input in advance

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Adam.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Vladimir, 

I'm facing this issue (using API token instead of password doesnot work in Jira Cloud) and have an open ticket for them to look into.. it's been a few days now. 

Were they ever able to get this solved for you?

Thank you, 

Ryan

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Ryan.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
621a35dd
Community Member

Same issue for me - please can someone from Upwork post the fix on here? Currently trying to intergrate upwork into jira but i get the same malformed response message

i have tried to use the API token as password but have the same problem

Hi Frankie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members