Job Feed 's Been Hacked!!! Just Kidding lol, But something is strange here though.

Hey Upwork Familia! Hope all is well. Need some help if anyone can.

I have The Notification Saying 100 new jobs posted view next 20..and when i click. no new jobs are loaded and the number changes to 80 new jobs..view the next 20.. What is going on with the Job Feed?

Not sure if my searches have anything to do with this...Definitely seems like a big old Bug.

Please advise ye great gurus of the upwork community! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nkocendova

Hi Oriel and Katrina,

Our team is now looking into this and we'll reach out if we need you to provide more information. Thank you for your patience while this is job feed issue is investigated.

~Nina

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

I got 14k+ new jobs in about an hour. Smiley SurprisedSmiley LOL

Did your feed update when you click the show next 20 jobs button? When I do no new jobs populate the feed but the number decreases until the notification goes away

@Oriel Theophilus C wrote:
Did your feed update when you click the show next 20 jobs button? When I do no new jobs populate the feed but the number decreases until the notification goes away

Same as you.

Hmm ok, there is scheduled site maintenance this weekend. Maybe that is playing a part. We will see. Hopefully a guru responds here eventually.

@Oriel Theophilus C wrote:
Hmm ok, there is scheduled site maintenance this weekend. Maybe that is playing a part. We will see. Hopefully a guru responds here eventually.

Point of clarification - those of us designated as "Gurus" by no choice of our own are not Upwork employees. We've just been active enough on the forums and made enough posts to earn this dubious label assigned automatically by the system. Upwork employees like Nina are designated by the title of "Moderator" or "Employee," and the green Upwork logo next to their name and in their signatures.

@Jess C Totally Understod, Regardless the gurus however they are designated, provide awesome insight and help to various topics and questions so my previous statment on hopefully a guru responds wasn't about gurus being upwork employees. thank you for responding hopwever.

nkocendova

Hi Oriel and Katrina,

Our team is now looking into this and we'll reach out if we need you to provide more information. Thank you for your patience while this is job feed issue is investigated.

~Nina

Thank you so much Nina! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Cheers!

This issue was not resolved, I had a few emails saying they replicated the issue then i got a response about my notification settings. that is not the issue I am speaking about so i attached a video screen recording of the exact glitch I am experiencing hopefully this helps in better addressing what I am experiencing or advising me on a right course of action to fix this issue.

FYI - job feeds are still broken ...

Thank you for replying Wendy C

Patiently standing by until it gets fixed.

Sadly, amidst whatever updates U was doing they failed - totally - to fix the serious issue with the Job Feed.  Seems to me that should have been Priority Uno.  

I just realized it myself. I hope this gets worked out. Fort all Our Benefits.

Still happening.

Saw 747 New Jobs or similar number, today,

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV

1485 here...

jyhsiao

My job feed has been saying it has 1000+ new jobs available for the past week or so.  I normally see less than 30-40 if I don't refresh my feed for several hours.  Did something change with how the feed works? 

Also, I had added a US only filter to my saved searches.  With the US Only feed, is that filter now redundant? How does the US Only feed interact with my saved searchers?

Hi June,

This is not an intended change but rather a known issue that is impacting our users and our team is currently working on resolving this. I've merged your post to the main thread about this issue.

If you have the U.S Only jobs toggle turned on, all of your saved searches should be showing results that are for US-only jobs.

~Nina

@June H wrote:

My job feed has been saying it has 1000+ new jobs available for the past week or so.  I normally see less than 30-40 if I don't refresh my feed for several hours.

@Sanja D wrote:

1485 here...

@Joseph C wrote:

Still happening.

Saw 747 New Jobs or similar number, today,

Some of you are seeing hundreds or even thousands, I get ten thousands+ new jobs. Smiley Frustrated To add, this is within minutes of a fresh feed. upwork-feeds.jpg

'm having the opposite issue, reported weeks ago. The response was they saw jobs in my feed, let them know if there was anything else they could do, then to try removing the daylight savings option, which barely helped and made me misjudge my time and miss another appointment.

Ironically, while our feedback endlessly gets damaged, have you researched Upwork's feedback? Pretty obvious which are from thier own marketing team, but since one star reviews are all over the internet, I guess they got tired of playing whack-a-mole.

Start counting the minutes before my membership gets supsended for pointing this out.

Hi Joanne Renee,

Sorry to hear about your experience. If you are still experiencing the issue with both Job Feed and Saved Jobs, could you please update the ticket and provide screenshots of what you see? I see the team has replied on the ticket after Ryan escalated it here but weren't able to replicate the issues you were describing exactly. I also just checked your Saved Jobs and it looks like it's updated and is currently clear.

~ Valeria
Upwork

You can't be serious. People have been yelling about this for weeks. I've already sent screengrabs and escalated this. The problem is still here. Everyone knows it. Go read the feedback ratings I mentioned. It's where I realized just how screwed up this site was, and for how long, and for every issue people here are complaining about and more.
I realize you are hanging on to your job, but this is ridiculous. It's one thing to have a site that needs repairs, but entirely another when our feedback ratings depends on how Upwork handles things.

wendy_writes

FIX the job feed!   It has been broken for 4 days. 

No platitudes; no "we're sorry"; none of the usual nonsense. 

Just FIX it and gives us an ETA on when it will be corrected.

This has been mentioned in numerous threads ... and not a single moderator even bothered to comment.

Wendy,

The issue affecting the job feed has been assigned high priority and this week our engineers are working on releasing a fix. I'm unable to provide a more specific ETA, they are working to resolve it as soon as possible.

~Nina

Thank you for your speedy reply, Nina.

Why, during the Saturday 4 hour maintenance shut-down, was this major known issue not addressed?

Hi Wendy,

We can't speak as for which issues and systems are worked on during the maintenance. However, rest assured that this issues is prioritized by our engineers and they'll have it fix as soon as possible. We understand that it's affecting your work and schedules and we apologize for it.

We've also merged your posts to this thread about Job Feed issues and we will be updating this thread once the issue is resolved.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you U. tech staff!!!  Issue seems to be resolved.  ๐Ÿ™‚

EDITED 10 minutes later.  I seem to have fibbed.  Job Feed is brioken again.  ๐Ÿ˜ž

Awesome News!! Hopefully it fixes on my end soon. I am still seeing the issues.