Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Job Success Score wrongly updated

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
21 of 34

Hi All,

I'd like to provide an update. Due to this issue, the score isn't updating correctly. Our engineers are working to make sure it's updated as soon as possible. That said, the score publicly shown on your profile is correct.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Naved K Member Since: Apr 11, 2020
22 of 34
Hello, I have a concern regarding my recent JSS update.

My first JSS was 75%, second 93%, and third which is the most recent one (10th May) was shown 93% like previously. So, I carried on thinking it remained the same, but last night (just within 48 hours my third update) my profile JSS went down to 83% from 93%. Now the catch is that in My Stats section it was still being shown as 93% while on my profile it was 83%! I considered this to be a bug and waited the night for a fix. Unfortunately when I woke up 😂 My Stats section JSS had also went down to 83%, and now I can no longer score clients with 90%+ requisite.

I would like to know:

1. Why JSS got updated twice within 14 days?
2. Why the difference in JSS on profile and my stats section?
3. Can Upwork resolve this issue, or do I need to wait for my next update?

Some information:

1. I had a dispute which resulted in Upwork paying to both the parties.
2. My private JSS was 91% which went down to 86% after the dispute, but my JSS was still 93% until last night.
3. I don't think I had any negative contracts except for that one dispute.
4. I don't have open contracts for long.
5. All of my contracts are usually below $25, and the ones above (which should weigh more for JSS according to Upwork) are all happy contracts.

Let me know if you need more information!

Yours sincerely,
Naved K.
Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
23 of 34

Hi Naved,

Just to clarify that we had a known problem where the JSS on your profile and My Stats was different. The problem is now resolved and the correct JSS is listed on your profile. 
I would also like to clarify that your JSS was not updated more than once, but an update was pushed so that the problem is resolved. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Esther G Member Since: Aug 26, 2017
24 of 34

I have the same issue,

my client ended the contract, gave me a 5* review and my profiel success score dropped from 100% to 97%. within the "My Stats" page it still says 100%

please fix this as my 100% is a good selling point... 

Client success drop.png

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
25 of 34

Esther G wrote:

I have the same issue,

my client ended the contract, gave me a 5* review and my profiel success score dropped from 100% to 97%. within the "My Stats" page it still says 100%

please fix this as my 100% is a good selling point... 

Client success drop.png

I see 100%.

Screenshot_2020-06-21 Esther G - Systems Designer Requirements Engineer Product owner - Upwork Freelancer from Tacoronte, S[...].png

Highlighted
26 of 34

Jennifer, Thank you for checking,

can someone please clearify with me why I myself don't see a 100% and have to stress about that? thanks Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
27 of 34

Hi Esther,

The stats on your 'My Stats' page update later than the JSS on your profile page.

When I check your profile now it says 97%.

Mine keeps dropping as well and I have no idea why.

Screenshot 2020-06-22 at 07.31.31.png

Highlighted
28 of 34

So the only reason I can think off this happened to me is becuase i have a client that paused the contract (we don't have any active milestones) due to COVID. 

maybe UPWORK sees this as inactivity on a contract.

how fair is that? I already lose income from covid, now i also lost my 100% rating? I asked the guy to accept to close the job, he did and gave ma a 5* rating and still it's on 97%. That's so unfair.

I've been here for three years and NEVER failed a contract, not had a despute.

now there is COVID it's harder for everyone, Upwork has this lovely banner at the beginning stating they'll help somehow... Is this what they call help? lowering people's score?

and don't get me wrong, i am not confussed, i am furious! I work fulltime on upwork I am stupid loyal and this is how we get treated, first stupid connects now lowering scores, do they want us to leave?

@Upwork support please DO Explain why this happened to me and appearently many other people.

this DOES affect us A LOT in a negative way in an already harsh time. do your job and deliver support!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
29 of 34

Esther G wrote:

So the only reason I can think off this happened to me is becuase i have a client that paused the contract (we don't have any active milestones) due to COVID. 

maybe UPWORK sees this as inactivity on a contract.

how fair is that? I already lose income from covid, now i also lost my 100% rating? I asked the guy to accept to close the job, he did and gave ma a 5* rating and still it's on 97%. That's so unfair.

Esther, no, that would not have caused your JSS to drop because when a contract has, in the past, led to earnings, it will not hurt your JSS in the future.

A contract that closed since yeterday won't be calculated into the JSS until next time it's updated in 2 weeks time.

How many contracts closed between the 7th and the 21. of June?

Do you have a contract that has never had any earnings at all? Open for 2+ months or closed?

Highlighted
30 of 34
Yes the one that closed yesterday was open for 2+months with no earnings due to COVID but it doesnt have active milestones. When I saw the rate drop to 97% I asked him to close it which he did.

But he did recommend me so for Upwork to assume that he would not because he himself but the contract in hold due to covid doesnt make sense. I lost a contract and now my 100% becuaseof covid how is that my fault? Also the guy now closed the contract and got me a 5* review should that not update the rate? Even though, statistically you can never go back to 100% which is exactly my issue. this is SUPER demotivating yo keep up quality I kept clean sheet for 3 years and now I got 97% for something I had no influence on and my client doesnt agree with.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS