cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success Score and Morale

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
11 of 33

Setu said "the true problem behind this score - the calculation".

With respect, no. The true problem behind this score is the people who implement and impose it. **edited for Community Guidelines** It's the reason why these threads, and however much kudos we give each other, serve no purpose apart from venting and bonding. Nothing's going to change.

"Tired of being tired" of it all - absolutely.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
12 of 33

I am tired too of the same old same old, but don't you think that is the whole point of ignoring the freelancers concerns? Beat them down so they stop hollering about it. Bring in their little happy brigade and everyone will soon forget about the complainers?

I am so tired of it I am not longer going to make myself available, but for my two long term clients and as soon as my website is finished I am moving on where I will not be told how to run my business and have JS scores run me into the ground.

Ace Contributor
Tim H Member Since: Jul 7, 2015
13 of 33

A client once told me she selected "would not recommend" as she was afraid it would result in someone else hiring me, therefore making me unavailable for her future projects.

Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
14 of 33

To decide about someone behalf of private feedback rather than that of public feedbcak is totally wrong. At present, Publich feedback has no value. 

Are you agree?

Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
15 of 33

Exactly, you don't log on over the weekend, and then you realise your job satisfaction score may drop because of forgetting to decline something like this!

Talented stars

Copywriting Posted 11 hours ago - View Job Posting
Hourly Job
More than 30 hrs/week
1 to 3 months

Job Description

best at writing bussiness

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
16 of 33

Hi Ramon,

Your Job Success score is not affected by how quickly you respond to job invitations, it only affects your Responsiveness score. Also, note that you can set your profile as unavailable for the weekend for the invitations not to count at all.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
17 of 33

Any chance they can be banned from sending invitations altogether unless they add a payment method? Or, alternatively, only be allowed to contact relevant freelancers within their price-range?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 33

Hi All,

I understand that many of you still feel insecure about the Job Success score and want to know more about how exactly it is calculated. However, we have been sharing as much as we can publicly to provide some guidance for freelancers without allowing abuse.

The Job Success score was in no way intended to lower the morale of Upwork freelancers, but it was meant to do exactly what it is doing. It helps those freelancers stand out who only apply to jobs they are qualified for, discuss and understand all the terms before accepting the offer, communicate professionally and deliver great results. And it helps clients to recognize and avoid freelancers who take on jobs they are not able to complete, don't communicate professionally or ask for clarifications, fail to deliver product and refund all the money to avoid bad public score.

I know all of you belong to the first category of freelancers and therefore you all have been enjoying high Job Success score. Occasional relationships with a client that went south would not affect your score or if it would, you would be able to recover it really quickly.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
19 of 33

"The Job Success score was in no way intended to lower the morale of Upwork freelancers"

But it did.

Community Guru
Tracye G Member Since: Sep 30, 2008
20 of 33

"The Job Success score was in no way intended to lower the morale of Upwork freelancers".

With all due respect....It has DESTROYED the moral. The micro managing going on now borders on obscene!

"I know all of you belong to the first category of freelancers and therefore you all have been enjoying high Job Success score. Occasional relationships with a client that went south would not affect your score or if it would, you would be able to recover it really quickly".

I have worked on this platform for almost 7 years and have maintained a very stellar rating..I had ONE vindictive client...am waiting for the JS score to recalcualte so I can see my 7 years of very hard work go down the toilet...because of ONE VINDICTIVE client....and if Upworks does not think there are vindictive clients, they are delusional!!!

We as the freelancer have ZERO say, ZERO recourse, and now ZERO moral! I hope the Upworks "team" is happy.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS