🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job Success Score dropped
Page options
9bf545e3
Community Member

Job Success Score dropped

Hello,

I believe there's been a mistake made in the calculation of my job success score. It was previously at 78% and I just successfully completed two jobs were I was given good feedbacks and a five star rating. Yet, after my account was updated on the 29th, it dropped to 74%. I've been working hard to get my JSS back to 80% and I believe there's been a mistake. What do I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Rita,

Thank you for your message. Your Job Success Score can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated. Sometimes, new contracts are added that impact your JSS. Other times, old activity is aged out.

For example, a contract will no longer count in your six-month JSS window once it is six months and one day old.

Your JSS can change because:

• You’ve received poor public or private feedback from one or more clients
  • You’ve received very positive public or private feedback from one or more clients
  • A higher-value job is added to your JSS and it outweighs lower-value jobs
  • Past jobs are no longer considered because they fall outside the time frame

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

572 REPLIES 572

Friends, this is not serious!
This is the second absurd situation, because of the first I had to write to CEO on Twitter, etc. to speed up the process.
I want to work and I have been with you since 2007, but I am completely disappointed now.

see a lot of new accounts with 100+ hours and 1 star feedbacks has Top Rated badge and 99% JSS. Absurd.

Please manually update my JSS or at least remove it if you do not want investigate this situation.

thanks again!!

1 star feedback have top rated 🤔 how?

Screenshot attached

client said he left 5 stars private feedback too!!

so what is going on here, guys??

And why not allow adding .jpeg files here too, any screenshot its .jpeg not .jpg

5 stars private is terrible feedback. It is 5 from 10. 

Mykola, he means 5/5 stars rating as my public feedback. Please check.

in the messages he said that he gave the highest rating (it doesn’t matter 5 out of 5 or 10 out of 10), if the client is dishonest or makes a mistake why should I pay for this?? Mean my rating and reputation.

I attached all screenshots, please investigate.

Yep, i saw that. But private feedback is 10 stars. So good private must be 10\10.

Thanks for response.

if you understand the context, he said 10/10. he also said that he would edit anything.

again, you can simply remove it and update my JSS.

thanks

Big problem with "private feedback" is it is rather devious to say the least. If a client [or freelancer] did something atrocious to instigate negative "private" feedback it should at least be presented to the victim for comments.

I have no clue what is in "private' feedback in my jobs.

As for me, if I have an issue with a client, I will not go to the gossip column to state my case.

Also, that "time frame" mentioned too is not equitable. Are we to believe someone who has big star ratings, awesome reviews over and over three years ago is somehow incompetent today?

That is what is insinuated. My score went down only because;

UPWORK FAVOURS THE HOBBYISTS and lowball bidders. 

Rather than promoting the overspending promtion called "boosting" why not automatically place at a higher "boost" those with "top rated"?

While I am all for giving a chance to newbies they have to "pay their dues" as all the successful ones have done.

Yeh, I did some low, lowball jobs at first even after having over 15 years' proven experience in my field.

One cannot pick up a guitar and a few weeks later wriggle out Carlos Santana and Mason Williams as lead guitar.

to summarize, I don’t want anything extra, I just want to work and be fair and understand where I’m spending my connections. I don’t want to waste time trying to reach management, this is far from the level for such a company. I still hope for determination and help in this situation, and not constant spokes in the wheels.

Hi Evgeniy,

We won't be able to comment on an individual score or how specific contracts affect it. Factors such as private and public feedback, the dollar weight of the projects you've completed, and the long-term relationships with your clients can have an impact on your overall score. In addition, private feedback can't be modified; feedback represents the user's opinion, and because of this, we can't edit it or investigate it for accuracy. You can find more information on how your JSS is calculated here
~ Luiggi
Upwork
etaranov
Community Member

I understand that all “support” is needed here for is to transfer messages to other topics, pay $30k in commissions and such an attitude is unacceptable. ok, let's continue on Twitter with the bosses, I'm just for the truth and against this attitude towards the people on whom your salary depends, it's terrible, but it's okay, we'll fight

and all the words about “guaranteed payment” and the ability to request removal of a review are just beautiful words

e63fd520
Community Member

The client gave me feedback Why my job success did not increase

It is slow. An 2-4 weeks.

ok

f6e263ba
Community Member

Hi,

Hope you are well.

My success score is at 50% when I have only received 5 Star reviews.

Please can someone fix this!

Hi Matthew, 

I'm sorry to learn about your current score. I'm afraid we can't comment on someone's score or how specific contracts affect it; many factors are considered when calculating your JSS aside from the public feedback you received from the clients, such as private feedback, the dollar weight of those projects, when the feedback was received, etc. You can check the explanation of how JSS is calculated here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
osamakhan4
Community Member

When I ended my last contract my JSS Automatically fell from 87% to 63% even before my Client gave feedback.
I asked my last client to give me feedback.
The score did not even changed even After getting postive feedback please help me.

Similar to mine. For ages I was at 100% then for no reason it dropped. My reviews were almost always 5-star.

What I found to be rather surprising, I looked at a profile of another freelancer. This one had many low star ratings, several in the 3's...only 14 jobs total with earnings of <9K. Yet, this one had a 100% "success" score.

Perhaps we can speculate the Upwork method is to keep the hobbyists and low-fi score "talent" at the top since they are the ones who are most likely to dump a pile of "connects" into the job bids.

Just a thought.

Hi James,
That is very unfortunate that it is happening like this.

Hi Muhammad and James,

I'm sorry to hear about your score drops, but we're afraid that we won't be able to comment on an individual score or how specific contracts affect it. In general, your JSS can change because:

- You receive poor public or private feedback from one or more clients.
- You receive positive public or private feedback from one or more clients.
- A higher-value job is added to your score and outweighs lower-value jobs.
- Jobs you completed in the past are no longer considered because they are outside the score's time frame.

You can find more information under the "Why did my JSS change?" section in this article.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi LuiggiR,

This is getting pretty bad for me.
My clients are not willing to give me work due to sudden.
Even Though it should have increased with such a positive feedback but it went down even before feedback.

I am not sure how to fix it.
I want to open a ticket so, Upwork can investigate this issue further.
Please help me with this problem.
I cannot get jobs due to sudden change. I only ended contract and this happend to me.

rizwanansar
Community Member

I had a 5-star rating, 100% job success, and Top-rated plus. 
A month ago I had a dispute with my client. He gave me a bad review. With that, I lost my rank and JSS. But I connected with the support team. They removed the bad view. 
So I got my rank back but my JSS is not revised. 

Before dispute. it was 100%. After the dispute review, it became 81%. After removing the bad review it raised to 90% but not back to 100%. 

osamakhan4
Community Member

When I ended my last contract my JSS Automatically fell from 87% to 63% even before my Client gave feedback.
I asked my last client to give me feedback.
The score did not even changed even After getting postive feedback please help me.

I need to open ticket on this issue.

I Need upwork support to investigate this issue.

I am really stucked due to this ranking fell down.

It sounds like you're experiencing a significant and unexpected drop in your Job Success Score (JSS) on Upwork, which is understandably concerning. Your JSS can be affected by a variety of factors, not only client feedback but also private feedback, long-term contracts, contracts without activity, and jobs that do not end with any feedback, among others.

Unfortunately, I cannot directly open a support ticket for you, but I can guide you through the process:

1. Go to the Upwork Help Center: Access the Upwork Help Center from your web browser. You don't need to be logged into the app for this.

2. Contact Support: Once there, look for a way to contact support. This might be through a "Get Help" section or a "Contact Support" button at the bottom of the help articles.

3. Describe Your Issue: When creating the ticket, be as detailed as possible. Explain the sudden drop in JSS, note that it occurred before receiving new feedback, and state that the score did not change after receiving positive feedback.

4. Request Further Action: Clearly state that you would like the Upwork support team to investigate this issue with your JSS as it's impacting your ability to find work.

5. Submit the Support Ticket: Once you have described your issue, submit the ticket. You should receive an automatic confirmation email that your request has been received.

If you cannot find a way to submit a ticket:

• Try asking the chatbot for "human help" or "talk to an agent" to try to get through to a real person.
  • Visit the community forum and look for advice on how to contact support, or post about your issue there where Upworkers or moderators may assist.
  • If the online methods don’t work, try reaching out to Upwork via their social media accounts, like Twitter or Facebook, for assistance.

Meanwhile, keep an eye on your email and your Upwork notifications for responses from Upwork's support team.

No need to open ticket. You will receive default template about "very sectret JSS calculation" with link for ToS. Thats all.

abdullahbutt7940
Community Member

My job success score was 100% but recently one of my project that was active but client was not active for almost an year and i could not move forward with project then upwork automatically closed that project due to inactivity. The inactivity was from client side. But it has affected my success score to 97% why? it should not affect my profile as it was delay from client side and have screenshots for that in chat too

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear about your score drop, but I'm afraid we won't be able to comment on someone's score or how specific contracts affect it. In general, your JSS can change because:

- You receive poor public or private feedback from one or more clients.
- You receive positive public or private feedback from one or more clients.
- A higher-value job is added to your score and outweighs lower-value jobs.
- Jobs you completed in the past are no longer considered because they are outside the score's time frame.

You can find more information under the "Why did my JSS change?" section in this article.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
8eb0b816
Community Member

Hi, 

I have some problem with Job Success Score.

I have 2 feedback from client in this week.
One is only 5 stars, one is 5 stars and good feedback.
By the way, My JSS is dropped from 82% ~ 64%.
I hope to know what is the reason and also how to fix this issue.
Thank you for your help.

Artem

You dont know private feedback (xx\10) and unable to check it. Sometime unhappy client can leave good public but bad private.

c3ac2e54
Community Member

Hello upwork calculate JSS every 2 weeks and recently my JSS was 94% and in last 2 weeks i get 5-6 five star reviews but still today after 2 weeks my jss dropped from 94% to 90% i think there is mistake in calculation please upwork can you help me check my recent activity i got 5 star positive reviews i have attached my profile image and recent feedback images from clients please help i am very depressed about it this is my only source of income 😭😭

Hi Nouman,

I'm sorry to hear about your score drop. I'm afraid that we can't comment on how specific contracts affect it. Many factors go into your JSS calculation, including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, the dollar weight of the contract, etc. We won't be able to share information about any specific feedback, but you can check the explanation of how your score is calculated here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c3ac2e54
Community Member

I have one job which is $660 and client gave me 5 star reviews then why my JSS drops it should increase after this 

d3addb54
Community Member

Same situation!

bd816b9a
Community Member

Hello fellow Upwork community members,

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm reaching out to seek some guidance and advice regarding a recent development with my Upwork profile. I recently noticed a significant decrease in my Job Success Score, dropping from a solid 90% to 79%.

Maintaining a high Job Success Score is essential for freelancers like us, as it reflects our reliability and professionalism to potential clients.

Also the clients I have been working are really bad they do not have proper conversation first and then they give poor rating, in my case**Edited for Community Guidelines**is the client. He has been far for so long and gave me bad rating.

Furthermore, I plan to reach out to Upwork support to request a reassessment of my Job Success Score and to understand the specific areas where I can improve. If anyone has any tips or suggestions on how to approach this matter effectively, I would be grateful for your input.

Thank you all in advance for your help and support. Let's continue to share our experiences and knowledge to help each other succeed on Upwork.

Best regards,

Jasmeet Saini

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I will advice you how to save time: accept it as is and move forward. Upwork wont recalculate your JSS, wont remove feedback and even wont review that. 

And another advice: never disturb clients like you did in chat. Client away - ok, take care about other tasks. Or work with hourly contract where your waiting will be paid.

6eff7cca
Community Member

Hi everyone! I just completed my two first job here with 5 & 4.8 stars, the communications and projects with the clients were good, no problem at all. Recently I found out my first JSS is 50%.

I got an offer of a client, then Upwork block the client due to Terms of Service violations and instantly end the contract. If this case affect my JSS, can anybody help me to fix this since there's nothing to do on my part? According to Upwork, they are putting more emphasis on public feedback. How can I continue in this platform if I'm starting out with this number?

Thanks,
Thea

Last case wont affect your JSS, dont worry. Only accepted contracts with feedbacks will affect. Unacepted\expired\canceled offers wont.

Hi Mykola, I tried to contact Upwork support couple times, but only receive JSS basics template. Have no idea what else I can do regarding this

Thats all. Upwork will never share real calculation or JSS details. Only useless templates. Of course you can found same in ToS yourself. Sorry, but as-is.

c1e2fadd
Community Member

Hi.
Yesterday I noticed that my JSS suddenly dropped from a perfect 100% to 94%.
We have received great reviews from my customers and no jobs have been cancelled.
Can anyone explain why my JSS lowered?
Thank you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members