Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success Score

vartare
Jose S Member Since: Sep 1, 2016
1 of 7

Hi!,

I'm relatively new to Upwork, I have max. 3 months here, in that time I've had 3 contracts, (fixed price) and I was really happy about it, everything was woing well, untill 1 of those jobs started to give some troubles. 

Resuming it, the client wasn't satisfied, but he wasn't angry either, it just didn't worked as he wanted, and he cancelled the contract, no bad feedback given.

However as the work was cancelled, my Job Success Score drop down incredibly.

Now I find it frustrating because for almost a month and a half I been sending bids and nothing happen, just a few interviews with no results.

When I want to offer, I've seen that the JSS is even under 70%, and it limits my chances to get at least an interview!.

I want to know how is this possible if Upwork says that the JSS will appear after 4 jobs, and I had only 3.

I hope this makes any sence, and I would like to know if there is anyone with a similar situation.

Thanks!

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 7

Hi Jose, 

I checked your account but do not see any Job Success Score. Could you please share a screenshot with me where the Job Success Score is showing?

~ Avery
Upwork
vartare
3 of 7

Hi Avery! Thank you for your message.

In "my stats" doesn't shows my job success score because it says I need more jobs to complete. However, when I'm going to place a bid this shows up:

Job Success Score Capture.png

This also has shown up with "At least 70% or 80%" I can remember clearly, but I belive I've saw it with "70%".

Thanks again Avery.

yowiedesign
Community Guru
Craig A Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
4 of 7

That is what the client has set as his/her requirements. In the example you have given, the client wants freelancers with at least 90%.

As you don't have a JSS yet, you don't meet that particular requirement. It wouldn't matter if it was 100% or 10%.

You can still subit a proposal. If you did happen to have a JSS above 90%, you would meet that criteria but then you wouldn't have the Rising Star badge, so either way you are not going to meet all of the criteria.

Sometimes the clients don't really understand that you cannot have both JSS and Rising Star.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 7

Hi Jose, 

I see what you mean and Craig gave valuable input. I have seen some reports in the community that some freelancers were able to land the job despite not meeting the qualifications set by the clients. 

~ Avery
Upwork
davidd1008
Community Leader
David D Member Since: Jun 8, 2016
6 of 7

You do not have a JSS yet. Rest assured, no client is seeing a bad JSS, they're just not seeing any JSS.

Your screenshot is what the client is setting as a preference for freelancers applying to their job. The "!" are indicating that you do not fulfill these preferences. You can still apply, however, the client will see that you do not meet those criteria. 

For some clients, this is a big deal. For others, not so much. Personally, I wouldn't let it stop you from submitting a proposal for a job you know you can do well. Some clients do it to simply try to weed out the newcomers. 

It is possible the client you are mentioning left you some negative private feedback and that might impact your ratings once they do appear. Do not get discouraged, this is a process. It can take a few months to really get the ball rolling. 

Find jobs you are well-suited for and submit bids. Be realistic about your time and skill level. Focus on doing a great job and being a great freelancer that represents this community well.

Also, the end of summer is here so jobs should start picking up again. August was a slow month for many people here so you may have simply joined the platform at a slow time. Keep at it!

vartare
7 of 7

Thank you all for your messages, has been excellent and helpfull! Smiley Very Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS