🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job Success
Page options
oshomojichris
Community Member

Job Success

Hello, an hourly contract was paused during February on my upwork account. My job sucess dropped recently from 100% to 97% and i figured out it might be the paused contract. I tried closing the contract but i can't close it from my end and client is unresponsive to close it. Can someone tell me how to close a paused hourly contract.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oshomoji,

It looks like you were able to close the contract you're referring to. For JSS, it doesn't matter who closes the contract, but there are a number of factors that are taken into consideration. You can find more information about them here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oshomoji,

It looks like you were able to close the contract you're referring to. For JSS, it doesn't matter who closes the contract, but there are a number of factors that are taken into consideration. You can find more information about them here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I also faced something similar. I recently found out that a paused contract or a work in progress contract where the client hasn't assigned any work also affects the JSS. My JSS has dropped to 67% just because of that and I wasn't aware of it before when all the clients I have worked with have provided me good feedback and are continuing their work with me (whenever they require).

I cannot seem to understand why a paused contract or a running contract where the client hasn't assigned any work affects the JSS? Any clarification would be helpful.

Suvrat J wrote:

I recently found out that a paused contract or a work in progress contract where the client hasn't assigned any work also affects the JSS.

It doesn't. (Provided you earned money on it previously)

Suvrat J wrote:

My JSS has dropped to 67% just because of that 

It hasn't. At least not by itself. You have 3 completed contracts, and the most recent one ended with the client knocking points off for both skills and quality.

There is also private feedback.

In addition, it seems like there was another closed contract, with nothing paid in the end?

How to dispute my job score? After the last client, it goes down, but I totally disagree with the client!!!
I have made more than the client can be expected and I told before starting a contract what I can and what can't do.
+ in other developers feedback has the same issues with a client.

also to not get very bad marks I didn't describe all issues what I had with a client. As unpaid hours etc!!!
i'm very disappointed. Please, I need your help support team!.

ASKHAT B wrote:

How to dispute my job score? .

You can't dispute it.

But as you are top rated, you can use your top rated feedback removal perk to remove the contract's impact on your score, provided you haven't used it in the last 3 months and 1 contracts. Read up on how you can request this here.

ASKHAT B wrote:

Because I disagree with the client.

That's not how it works.

I want to be protected by a support team of Upwork when the client does not respond to messages and suggestions!
Thanks for your answer.

ASKHAT B wrote:

I want to be protected by a support team of Upwork when the client does not respond to messages and suggestions!

Well, you're not. That isn't how Upwork works.

But you can fix this issue with your perk (if it is available)

Community Member

My JSS has dropped to 63%. I have completed my all jobs with full reviews. I think its happened due to paused projects. But now i have completed my all jobs. Please help me why the JSS score still on 63%.

Community Member

My JSS has dropped to 63%. I have completed my all jobs with full reviews. I think its happened due to paused projects. But now i have completed my all jobs. Please help me why the JSS score still on 63%.

Any one help me.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members