Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job applications not showing

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jeri B Member Since: Feb 15, 2010
1 of 60

I am applying for jobs and the applications are not showing on my job application page or on the actual job posting as an applicant. I have contacted the Help Desk and they state that technical support is looking into it and will have the problem resolved in 24-48 hours. When asking the agent about contacting the employer, s/he states: "I can send though an email to your client and informed them about the on going issue. Please be informed that we have received other reports about this issue and it is now escalated to the Technical Team support." When asked if s/he HAD done it or WOULD do it, and if they would forward the sent email to ME, s/he states: "Sorry for the confusion, what I've said is that I'll be sending an email to your client." -- "will be" being much different than "have sent." 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 60

Jeri,

I do not work for oDesk, but here is what I think is happening:

I do not think the customer support person you dealt with understood your question. That support person misinterpreted your question and then sent you responses which were partially copy-and-pasted from a bank of canned responses and were partially comprised of her own noble effort to type and understand English.

You do not have a current client who you are having trouble contacting.

Your problem is that your job applications are not being seen by potential clients.

This is because you account was put under review by oDesk's automated quality control algorithms. There is a slim possibility that all of the jobs you are applying for are being judged by oDesk as being so far from being a good match between job and contractor that your job applications are being discarded completely. But that's a more rare occurence.

What is probably going on is that your account is under review, which blocks all your job applications from being seen by the clients you apply to.

To confirm this, you will need to open a new customer support ticket and ask specifically "Is my account under review? What should I do."

Community Guru
Jeri B Member Since: Feb 15, 2010
3 of 60

Thanks! I took your advice and verified that my account is not under review ... so there is a technology glitch and it's apparently not just me. Kudos to Marjorie in customer service!

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 60

Thanks for coming back and telling us the outcome!

Good news, bad news time, isn't it?

I'm very glad that your account is not under review. (It's a hassle when that happens.)

But there's yet another technical glitch that oDesk is currently struggling with?!

Well, I wish them well as they work on this and other issues.

I rarely apply to job applications any more (too busy; I haven't applied to any for months now). So I never noticed this glitch. I didn't know about it until I read about you folks having this problem.

Community Guru
Steve B Member Since: Jul 1, 2015
5 of 60

Preston,  for the newly initiated please share with us how you rarely apply to job applications anymore.  I've been on Upwork for six weeks, have four jobs and am intrigued by the possibilities.  

Have you built up momentum with longer-term clients that keep you busy so you don't need to apply to new projects? 

I'm intrigued by this platform, but just as I'm getting excited about it, Upwork starts "swallowing" my new proposals. They just vanish into thin air.  Tech support tells me yesterday "they are looking into it".  I just spent 45 minutes crafting a new one, and it vanished just the same over 24 hours later.  Is this sort of major malfunction common on Upwork?  I have also noticed over the past week that stats and hours are not updated regularly; it seems to happen almost randomly, after an unusual delay. 

Still forming a perspective here.  I'm going to maintain a positive outlookSmiley Happy

Osama R Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
6 of 60

I have the same problem at the moment. Can not apply to jobs, and all job postings show as zero applicants lol. like NO ONE APPLIED TO ANY JOB POSTING IN THE PAST 6 hours. There is definitely somth wrong...

Community Guru
Steve B Member Since: Jul 1, 2015
7 of 60

Yeah Osama as far as I can tell the "proposal" function on the Upwork website has been down all weekend.  I just checked again, all four of the proposals I wrote this weekend are gone, and flipping through the jobs posted, they all say "0 proposals".  So from my perspective at least, it appears to be hitting everyone.

I guess Upwork must completely shut down on the weekends... this is amazing to me they would let it go on for so long.  I'm new here (6 weeks) does this happen regularly?

Md Abdullah A Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
8 of 60

I have also same problem. I am showing screenshot below. oDesk system is being vary bad day by day.......................
No Applications List Problems

very bad experience to work in this marketplace. 

**edited for Community Guidelines**

If you get aany solution about this issue please inform me. Thanks

Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
9 of 60
The invitations I declined hours ago are still showing as active invites and I also tried applying but it's not showing under my applications list. When I tried submitting an application again, it says I already sent an application but I'm not showing under the applicants. In fact, there are 0 applicants!!!

It is time to take my business elsewhere. This site is nothing but problems in the past months. Waste of time.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
10 of 60
Oh great, I've just found out that the milestones I submitted days ago are not even there. This makes me look bad to my clients. Odesk, why are you sabotaging us?

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS