cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job completed but no payment from client

Highlighted
Simeon B Member Since: Jun 16, 2018
1 of 5

I was on a job for a client, all through yesterday. The job was based on 4 economic questions. I delivered three and was accepted by the client. About half an hour later, i attached the fourth article answered-question. But to my dismay this client do not come on chat since then(20hrs+ now) nor did he pay me for the job done.I spent over 16hrs on this job. I am appealing to upwork to come to my help to get paid for the job done. I have accepted the deal but not paid nor given an notice of getting paid soon. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 5

Simeon, on Upwork, clients can not simply decide to "not pay."

Freelancers are paid for their work. If a client does not respond to you at all, then you get paid automatically.

So there are only two possibilities:

- You have already been paid or you will be paid, but you don't realize it due to unfamiliarity with the Upwork system.

[or]

- You made a mistake in how you used Upwork, perhaps by working without a contract.

Either way, you have made a mistake, and you need to learn what you did wrong. We can help you with that.

The first thing you need to do is answer two questions:

1. Do you have a contract: When you go to your "Jobs" page in Upwork, do you see this project listed?

2. Was this a fixed-price or hourly contract?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
BEST ANSWER
3 of 5

Hi Simeon,

I have checked this for you and the first milestone was funded in escrow. When you have completed your work, you need to submit it for review using the submit/request payment button. Once you do that your client has 14 days from the time you submit work on a project, to review the work and release a payment. If the client does not take any action within 14 days, then the payment is automatically released to you. You can still communicate with your client and attempt to resolve the situation amicably. You can have a look at this article about Fixed-Price Protection for more information.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

That is good news, Simeon.

All you need to do is click the green Submit Work / Request Payment button.

And WAIT. Then you'll get paid.

Simeon B Member Since: Jun 16, 2018
5 of 5

Appreciate your responses Sir

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS