🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job success score issue
Page options
alejandro3d
Community Member

Job success score issue

Hi, 

I started using Upwork two years ago, did only around 5 jobs, my success score was at 100% with great reviews. Then came a client with a small contract, I started to do the job but after finishing one of the animations, I wrote to him and he never replied, I kept trying, but he didn't, then he contacted me through Facebook telling me he did not needed the animations anymore, claiming his upwork app was not working even doe I could see he was connected, everything is very rare. Then I decided to cancel the contract. Another client after the first milestone and presenting the full video without watermarks, better than the sample he had showed me before, claimed this was not what he was expecting and one minute later cancel the contract, without letting me know how he wanted it, without letting me reply, is this good behavior?

The end of the story is, now, almost 2 years later I want to retake Upwork and because of the few jobs I had in  the moment, those issues made my job success score dropped to 71% and I don´t get contracts for this, it´s not fair at all. I have 14+ years of experience in the industry and this just made Upwork impossible to use.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance,

Alejandro

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Alejandro B wrote:

Then I decided to cancel the contract. Another client after the first milestone and presenting the full video without watermarks, better than the sample he had showed me before, claimed this was not what he was expecting and one minute later cancel the contract, without letting me know how he wanted it, without letting me reply, is this good behavior?

You only used Upwork for 3 months a couple of years ago and 2 out of 7 of your ontracts idn't work out, which is a significant percentage and would indicate that you were not careful enough when choosing who to work with.

All you can do now is complete more contracts with flawless outcomes.

We've seen people come back from a far worse JSS. 

Hi,
Thank you for replying, yes, back then I use to take any client, I'm almost sure both were first time contracting in Upwork and working with them was not my best desition, I can see now I have to be more careful about that, first timer mistake.
Regards
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members