🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job success score
Page options
57e2e1c4
Community Member

Job success score

Hi, i'm new to Upwork and have successfully completed 3 jobs, all 3 clients giving me a 5 star rating. A new client that I am working with is taking ages to respond to the work that I submitted. The deadline for the project was 2 days ago and even though I submitted it before the deadline my job success score has now gone below 80%. The client isn't responding to any messages. Is there anything that I can do. 

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Verity H wrote: my job success score has now gone below 80%.

Where do you see a JSS (Job Success Score)? As far as I can see, you don't have one and if you had one, it would have last updated nearly 2 weeks ago, not today.

The client isn't responding to any messages. 

If you have properly submitted the work for payment using the "submit for payment" function on your contract, you will get paid automatically 14 afterward if the client doesn't approve it or request changes.

The deadline is irrelevant for the Job Success Score and contracts that are still open can't ever have a negative effect on your JSS.

Is there anything that I can do. 

About what? Without knowing what you are seeing (such as a JSS below 80% when you don't seem to have one at all) we can't give any meaningful advice but it doesn't look like there is even an issue.

If the client never appears again, wait until you are automatically paid and then close the contract. Or leave it open. Neither is a problem.

57e2e1c4
Community Member

in the last 2 days whenever i try and submit a proposal it says I dont meet the criteria of a job success score of over 80% 

Verity H wrote:

in the last 2 days whenever i try and submit a proposal it says I dont meet the criteria of a job success score of over 80% 

That is because you do not have one yet, not because it's lower than 80%. So breath easy there for now. If you see a job criteria that you don't meet, then you can decide whether or not you want to try anyways. I have applied for and won gigs where I didn't meet all the client's checked criteria (those are just boxes they check as preferences). 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members