🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job was taken down , and I lost those credits...
Page options
Ricardo S Community Member

Job was taken down , and I lost those credits....

Hello, 

Im writing here, because I couldnt find any support email...

So I took this job , that was basically a scam and it was taken down, the thing is when I bidded my offer I lost some credits to that scam... Is there anyway to recover the lost credits?

Best Regards 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Ricardo,

I took a closer a closer look at the job you're referring to and confirmed that it's been removed due to a violation of Upwork's TOS. Please remember that we return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. You can find more information here.

You may also keep an eye on your Connects History page for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Ricardo,

I took a closer a closer look at the job you're referring to and confirmed that it's been removed due to a violation of Upwork's TOS. Please remember that we return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. You can find more information here.

You may also keep an eye on your Connects History page for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Sal T Community Member

Arjay, I am a new freelancer and have a frustrating situation similar to the above. I too big a bunch of credits to be boosted in a job listing, the job listing was removed only to be reposted AGAIN EXACTLY THE SAME a day later. I don't think it's fair that my credits should be consumed and not refunded in this instance. I understand the job posters are allowed to make changes on the fly based on their business conditions, but for the freelancers to have to rebid is not right.

Here is the new posting: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Luiggi R Moderator

Hello Sal,

I see that the job post and your proposal to it are still active. If you’re referring to another proposal and job post, could you please share the link to the proposal here in your next reply so that we can look into this?

I want to clarify that it's under the client's discretion if they wish to close a job and post a new one. We can't say why a client would decide to do that, and I understand this can be a frustrating experience for you as a freelancer.

In addition, Connects are refunded if the client cancels a job post without making a hire or if the job post gets removed due to a Terms of Service violation. So if that ever happens to you under those conditions, you will get your Connects back. You may want to check this article to learn more

~ Luiggi
Walter J W Community Member

hy,ricardo.I am jhon

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with a job. However, I don't have real-time information and can't access external databases, so I can't provide specific assistance with your situation.

If you lost credits or are facing issues related to a job, it's best to contact the platform or service where you found the job. Many platforms have customer support or help centers that you can reach out to for assistance. Explain your situation to them, providing any relevant details, and they should be able to guide you on the next steps or address the issue.

If the job was taken down, they may be able to provide information on why it was removed and whether there are any options or alternatives available for you. Always make sure to check the terms and conditions of the platform for any relevant information on credit usage and dispute resolution.

I hope you're able to resolve the issue and find a satisfactory solution.

Jeanne H Community Member

If Upwork decided it was a scam, you need to contact Support and ask for the connects to be returned. If you did not participate in the reason the job was removed, you will get the connects returned.

Ricardo S Community Member

thank you all.

have a nice day 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members