🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Keep getting Checking if the site connection ...
Page options
pooja_jal
Community Member

Keep getting Checking if the site connection is secure

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the time tracker. It keeps bringing the prompt "Checking if the site connection is secure, www.upwork.com needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding."

I have an hourly contract and need to get the tracker ASAP. So, I would appreciate your help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi John Rian and Valued Members,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of having these errors and we truly appreciate you reporting this here. Your issues have been escalated to the appropriate team. They are looking into these errors and working to address the issue that's causing them. We'll keep this thread updated with more information.

**Edited for Updates**

We just got an update from our Technical Team and they confirmed that the issue has been resolved. Your Desktop App should be normally working now. If the issue continues, you can find advice on how to Troubleshoot the Desktop App here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

72 REPLIES 72
cozythrias
Community Member

The issue persists. The tracker still can't connect online and the offline tracking limit was reached.This is now the 5th day and it's unresolved.

emahtash
Community Member

Hello, I am also having the same issues. The app keeps showing the connection is lost. How do I get the Work diary to be updated? Thank you

Hi Emmah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
vciabal5685
Community Member

Been having the problem for days now, it does not allow me to log in to the desktop app, I have tried the resolutions in the forum but none really helps it stays to where it says checking if the site connection is secure, my internet is okay, I have not changed my device, but it still wouldn't work. Can someone from Upwork please help? 

Hi Veronese,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have the same error. Please help. It didn't even logged my working hours last Friday and now the Upwork tracker keeps saying 'Checking if the site connection is secure'. Did all troubleshooting steps but got no luck.

Hi, can you change your internet connection only one time and reinstall the Upwork time tracker again.

Thanks 

leah_estrellado
Community Member

Hi,

My time tracker still doesn't refresh since yesterday and it says "Checking if site connection is secure. Upwork needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding".

Could you please help on how to resolve this ASAP?

I already login into my account (thru website) but there is no option to contact support.

Thanks!

Hi Leah,

If you get an error message related to the Upwork Desktop App, or your time tracker app doesn't work, you can often resolve it by quitting the app and then reopening it. This will force the app to load any updates from our side.

If the issue continues, you can find advice on how to Troubleshoot the Desktop App here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay,

I have tried everything instructed by the support but still can't use the desktop app. The time still doesn't refresh.

Please help!

Thanks!

Im also having the same issues, getting to speak to an actual person seems near impossible. 

Hi, kindly change your internet connection once and reinstall the Upwork time tracker again.

Thanks 

6da1b7bb
Community Member

I am also experinecing the same issue since sunday the 21st of November. I can not login to the Desktop App. I have spoken to my client who understands the issue and is currently letting me log time manually. However I do need to resolve this. It seems many people are having the same issue which would suggest there is an issue with an update on the app. 

weweyt
Community Member

Im having this issue right now for some reason it wont load. please help. 

cozythrias
Community Member

Experiencing the same issue again.

Any solutions?

Hi Jon,

I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I am experiencing the same issue once again. I just want to provide clarity that this is regarding the
Desktop Time Tracker App and this is not done via browser. Thank you.

Hi Jon,

Additionally, moving forward you can use the "Get Support" option on this page to connect with our support team.

~ AJ
Upwork
sdemierre
Community Member

Having the same issue. Restarted the app. Reinstaled it. Closed it. logged out on both browsers and logged in. dissabled other authentication methods. still same issue (only messaging window is showing this problem)

Hi Santiago,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here. You may also want to check this help article to find advices on how to Troubleshoot your Desktop App.

~ Arjay
Upwork
n_welsh
Community Member

Hi Team,

I'm having the same issue like other members. I have restarted and reinstalle the app and same issue.

38957a8a
Community Member

Hi, kindly change your internet connection once a time and reinstall the Upwork time tracker.

Thanks 

n_welsh
Community Member

Thank worked. Thank you!!

abuansheena
Community Member

Hello, I am having the same issue. How can I resolve this?

Hi Sheena,

You can find advice on how to Troubleshoot the Desktop App in this help article. If you still experience problems, report the issue so we can help you. Here’s how:

Select your name at the lower left of the app
Select Support and Feedback
Enter the details of your issue and choose Send

~Andrea
Upwork
ghiamalhabour
Community Member

I am having the same issue,  I can't create a support ticket as well. Please help! I don't want to lose a client because of this. Thank you so much

Hi Ghia,

~Andrea
Upwork
rdeveloper911
Community Member

Hi.

I am getting the same since yesterday. Is there any solution to this? I need it urgently. 

Hi Esser,

If you get an error message related to the Upwork Desktop App, or your time tracker app doesn't work, you can often resolve it by quitting the app and then reopening it. This will force the app to load any updates from our side.

If the issue continues, you can find advice on how to Troubleshoot the Desktop App here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi,

i have tried everything and it is still saying the same...

Thanks for following up, Essber. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
papachico07
Community Member

Hi this is an URGENT request for assistance, i will be starting my shift later (first day) and my tracker isnt working, ive been on it since this morning and its now 4:18pm and its still not working it still giving me that image like forever, at first im only getting that security connection checking whenever i log in to my account,later on it stopped doing it but its now doing it on my tracker, this security check seems to be a hassle, followed through the thread and tried doing everything but to no avail, im still stuck on the same page.. tried uninstalling, reinstalling, a million times already but im still on the same page, tried getting support but it says to wait for 72hrs and i just cant do that, im starting a contract this evening..

papachico07_0-1694420447987.png

Hi Louise,

I am sorry to hear about the issue while using the Upwork Desktop App. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members