🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Lack of potential client responses
Page options
dorothyjones
Community Member

Lack of potential client responses

I'm a 100% vetted Freelancer + with years of HR leadership experience.  I've worked on UpWork since its inception (from ODesk).

Never have I had such difficulty in even receiving an invite, or even a profile review.  In years past, I could always count on being invited for an interview on nearly every job for which I applied.  Even today, I only apply for jobs that meet within my hourly budget guidelines, where I meet every requirement and more.   I don't even receive responses...on over 15 proposals I've submitted in last month (for which I'm well qualified), ONLY one was even reviewed.

And it's ridiculous that only two hours after a job has been posted, someone has bid 100 connects for a job.  Seems very suspicious and unethical to me.  I've never had to buy the right to be considered for a job.

I've spoken to other skilled HR Consultants and they report the same findings.

I am now going elsewhere to consider job opportunities.  While I could apply for full time, W2 positions, I am not interested in working for anyone else so I'm a prisoner to the 1099 world.  The business model has been very successful for me in past 10 years where I've worked as much as I wanted, but today, the UpWork platform is unsatisfactory for me.

I'm very frustrated, and confused.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tjmisny
Community Member

I totally agree with your sentiments here, Dorothy.  I'm 100 JSS% and Expert Vetted, 3.5 years on the platform and it's become compleltey unusable.  Hardly any quality jobs, hardly any quality clients and worse... no communication or transparency from Upwork leadership.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tjmisny
Community Member

I totally agree with your sentiments here, Dorothy.  I'm 100 JSS% and Expert Vetted, 3.5 years on the platform and it's become compleltey unusable.  Hardly any quality jobs, hardly any quality clients and worse... no communication or transparency from Upwork leadership.  

100% agreed 😞

nav_designer
Community Member

The boosting system is causing problems, leading to clients being scammed by con artists and not receiving quality work. As a result, many clients are leaving Upwork or choosing to hire directly, due to bad economic conditions and wars, there are few potential clients, and even if you are a vetted client, the hiring rate remains zero. For the past two years, the hiring rate has been almost zero, and this year, after six months, there have been no hires from bidding. Upwork is not listing,

vukica10
Community Member

Same here. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members