cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Funds Transfer

ursutalina
Active

Hello.

Is there any problem if my bank account's currency is RON (Romanian Leu) and I use " Local Funds Transfer (EUR) " to withdrawal my money? Do they get converted automatically?

Last time I tried to withdraw the money I got them sent back to upwork after 3-4 days of waiting... So was it because of the currency or because I mismatched account details? 

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gbalint
Community Leader

I have both an Euro and a RON account. Withdrawals are set to the Euro account where, using internet banking, I can convert those euros to lei whenever the exchange rate rises or I need some cash for my card.

Otherwise, the conversion is done automatically, or so it was for an ING account, at the bank's exchange rate on the day the money came.

The last time I checked, Greek banks had the best exchange rates (Alphabank, Banca Românească). But if any bank would offer some kind of free euro retrieval, then I'd simply take the euros out of the bank and go to a money exchange. They have better exchange rates.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alina,

Please refer to the information our agent shared on your open ticket earlier today and contact your bank for further information.

Untitled
gbalint
Community Leader

I have both an Euro and a RON account. Withdrawals are set to the Euro account where, using internet banking, I can convert those euros to lei whenever the exchange rate rises or I need some cash for my card.

Otherwise, the conversion is done automatically, or so it was for an ING account, at the bank's exchange rate on the day the money came.

The last time I checked, Greek banks had the best exchange rates (Alphabank, Banca Românească). But if any bank would offer some kind of free euro retrieval, then I'd simply take the euros out of the bank and go to a money exchange. They have better exchange rates.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS