cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upwork saying I'm not in United States -- I live in Missouri

Corin S Member Since: Jan 11, 2019
71 of 102

I am located in the US and my address and phone number are on file.

I get this message every time I attempt to submit a proposal:

You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications

You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria:

Milana C Member Since: Jan 13, 2019
72 of 102

I have uploaded my passport and my identity was verified. I have posted my location as well. However, when I tried to make a proposal, it gave me this response:Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 1.27.14 PM.png

Why is it saying this?? I put that I live in the U.S. Please help.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
73 of 102

It's just a bug. Ignore this.

Lauren U Member Since: Jan 14, 2019
74 of 102

I am pretty sure I already when through the location verification and my profile has my correct location but Upwork is still telling me I'm not in the US when I try to apply for jobs. Please help. The only other concern is that my ID has Philadelphia as my address but I moved recently. I have bank statements and USPS verification of my new address for the time being.

Gregory S Member Since: Jan 15, 2019
75 of 102

I don't know if this is a bug. Upwork sends me a warning when submitting proposals saying that clients will see that I am not based in the US. As my profile lists, I am in Kansas City, Missouri. I have turned off location sharing in my browser. Could this affect my proposals? 

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
76 of 102

Hi all,

I'd like to follow up and take a closer look again at the notification you reported seeing, could you please pm me the job post links for jobs on which you're seeing the message? You can do this by clicking on my photo and selecting Messages button. Thank you for your help in troubleshooting this discrepancy.

Ace Contributor
Jay A Member Since: Mar 31, 2018
77 of 102
I am not able to duplicate the issue in the present moment, maybe it is resolved for me permanently or temporarily.
Aly S Member Since: Jan 2, 2019
78 of 102

Hello my location doesn't show I am in the United states although I AM.

Each time I send a proposal I get the error message that the client won't see me as a US resident, how can I fix this?

Thanks for your support asap ,

Aly

**Edited for community guidelines**

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
79 of 102

Hi Aly,

Please note that this is a known issue and our team is looking into it. We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and update you further regarding this issue. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Aly S Member Since: Jan 2, 2019
80 of 102
Thanks, I appreciate your sense of urgency.

Aly
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS