Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Profile turned to private but I am meeting all the criteria

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1361 of 2,257

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team.
Regarding your profile visibility, I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Just so that you are aware, profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than 2 years. Profiles of new freelancers who haven’t earned on Upwork will be set to private after 90 days.To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here

~ Goran
Upwork
smnvl
Simon V Member Since: May 22, 2020
1362 of 2,257

Due to that I used to be a client and now I am a freelancer, using the same account. My profile has been set private, even though I just started as a freelancer. Can you make this visible for clients please? Or should I create a new profile? Cheers,
Simon

robin_hyman
Community Guru
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
1363 of 2,257

Profiles are set to private when you have no activity for the past 30 days. Simply email customer service and they will change it to public. 

smnvl
Simon V Member Since: May 22, 2020
1364 of 2,257
thx, please can you change my profile to public?
g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1365 of 2,257

Hi Simon,

I checked your account and I can confirm that your profile visibility was already set to public. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1366 of 2,257

Hi Simon,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kimberleycvc
Kimberley H Member Since: May 24, 2020
1367 of 2,257

Hi - new to upwork (only 30 days), have submitted two proposals for work, have not heard back from either one.  Then suddenly my profile is turned to private.  I am under the 90 day grace period...what am I missing?

bstojadinovic
1368 of 2,257

Hi Kimberley,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
aamiranwar1
Aamir A Member Since: May 27, 2020
1369 of 2,257

I just see email from yourside in which you said that you set my profile as private due to not working on upwork. "Please note that i am regularly searching on jobs over this platform i am not silent here. You can see that all of my bid connects are used in applying proposals. kindly make my profile to "public" and oblige.

Thanks

bstojadinovic
1370 of 2,257

Hi Aamir,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS