cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked private Profile

jordantbutler
Jordan B Member Since: Jun 30, 2020
2051 of 2,188

Hi I have been inactive for quite some time but I want to start being active again. Can I please have my profile set back to open because currently I am on private.

Thank you

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2052 of 2,188

Hi Jordan,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
umair_zazoo
Umair I Member Since: Jun 24, 2018
2053 of 2,188

Hi! My profile is set to private. Please fix this for me. Thanks

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2054 of 2,188

Hi Umair,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to public. Please check out this help article for more information about how you can reset your profile visibility. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
7e402166
Amodu A Member Since: Jul 6, 2020
2055 of 2,188
Good morning, my account has been locked private and I just to chat with a client. Duo am new to upwork and still learning the ropes. Can you help me with this asap please?
g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2056 of 2,188

Hi Amodu,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public. Just so that you are aware, profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than 2 years. Profiles of new freelancers who haven’t earned on Upwork will be set to private after 90 days.To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
keri4me
Keri M Member Since: Jul 5, 2020
2057 of 2,188

I've been trying to win clients via Upwork for several months now. I've participated in webinars, bought connects, and am trying to refine my propsals with no clients to show for the effort yet. It's incredibly frustrating that my profile keeps being changed to "Private" as if I'm not activly using Upwork. I have multiple proposals pending so does Upwork not care that I'm activly buying connects and submitting proposals when they make decisions regarding my account?

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2058 of 2,188

Keri M wrote:

I've been trying to win clients via Upwork for several months now. I've participated in webinars, bought connects, and am trying to refine my propsals with no clients to show for the effort yet. It's incredibly frustrating that my profile keeps being changed to "Private" as if I'm not activly using Upwork. I have multiple proposals pending so does Upwork not care that I'm activly buying connects and submitting proposals when they make decisions regarding my account?

It's an automatic algorithm that recognizes that you haven't earned any money in 30 days. It's a very poorly-written notice, as many of Upwork's messages are.

They don't care how often anyone is bidding, they don't care how many connects someone is buying ... they care whether or not a freelancer is earning them money. This can happen even if you are working, but because the job lasted longer than expected or some other reason, Upwork will still make your profile private if you have not been paid in 30 days.

It's easy enough to request it not be private any more, but it's really no big deal. You can still bid on jobs and be hired.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2059 of 2,188

Hi Keri,

New freelancers have a 90 day grace period to build up a successful stream of work before the profile visibility restriction will begin. I've reset your profile visibility back to public. When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile when you submit a proposal for their job post. For more information, please check out this help article. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
muhammad_salah97
Muhammad S Member Since: Aug 6, 2018
2060 of 2,188

Hello, I'm a freelancer and I want remote jobs to support my family but unfortunately, my profile status was changed to the public because I didn't perform any activity for the last few months so please help me how can i change the status and find new jobs.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS