🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Long Delay/ Missing Notifications from Upwork
Page options
printedpaige
Community Member

Long Delay/ Missing Notifications from Upwork

Hi!

Does anyone else have a problem with long delays or missing notifications from Upwork?

I've noticed anytime I get a notification, message or interview request I don't get the e-mail notification until hours later or sometimes not at all.  I've even missed out on rush jobs because my interview request e-mail didn't come till hours later and by then it was too late.

I've learned now not to rely on e-mail and that I need to manually checked the site but I really wish the e-mail notifications were closer to real time and wondering if there's a fix.

7 REPLIES 7
JoanneP

Hi Paige,

I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues receiving notifications on time. I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
tlbp
Community Member

Paige B wrote:

Hi!

Does anyone else have a problem with long delays or missing notifications from Upwork?

I've noticed anytime I get a notification, message or interview request I don't get the e-mail notification until hours later or sometimes not at all.  I've even missed out on rush jobs because my interview request e-mail didn't come till hours later and by then it was too late.

I've learned now not to rely on e-mail and that I need to manually checked the site but I really wish the e-mail notifications were closer to real time and wondering if there's a fix.

Messaging and notifications are notoriously glitchy. Best practice (not ideal) is to check for messages on the platform a few times a day. Good news is--rush jobs are often scams or destined to end poorly because the clients are unhappy with what you could accomplish on their timeline. 

I agree.

Just Friday, I had a message from a client and no email notification. Luckily, I logged in and saw it over the week-end.

Don't rely on email notifications because the system isn't reliabile - log in and check messages and invites on a regular basis.

bescalda
Community Member

This issue appears from time to time. It does really affect all very badly. My clients were desperate to contact me and couldn't since I didn't get any notifications through e-mail or app. The support does not help at all, they stay silent till the issue get solved. This really happens a lot. I've reported 3 days ago, my clients are having hard time contacting me or other freelancers. I really feel I have no voice here even bringing a lot of money to the platform... Oh well, just bear with it...

I don't rely on Upwork messages-to-email relay for communications.

I don't regard it as reliable.

I recommend that you regularly check for messages within the Upwork Messages tool itself, which can be accessed within the logged-in Upwork website, or the desktop time-tracker tool.

Alternatively, when communicating with clients, use a different method, such as email, Slack, Skype, etc.

I  didn't receive email notifications a for a few new messages yesterday, I think it was something glitchy yesterday but my experience is normally it's fairly reliable.

sullivanliz
Community Member

There's definitely something amiss, I've had problems with messages before and learned to live with it. For the past couple of days though I've not had app notifications about anything. Messages, milestone approval, invitations, nothing. Thankfully still getting emails, but it's pretty annoying...
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members