🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Low Season
Page options
a77045c6
Community Member

Low Season

Hello all professional freelancers,

Is there a low season on the Upwork platform?

I'm wondering as I've noticed that there are not many Thai-English / English-Thai projects for a couple of months. But when new projects come, there are 50+ proposals for clients to choose only 1 freelancer.

If I disappear from Upwork for a month and come back to find new projects again after New Year, would my 100% JSS be reduced?

Thank you in advance for sharing your opinion(s).

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Apinia, it completely depends on how Upwork is advertising their services, the economy and Upwork's search algo. Just keep trying for the appropriate Jobs. Have a great day!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Apinia, it completely depends on how Upwork is advertising their services, the economy and Upwork's search algo. Just keep trying for the appropriate Jobs. Have a great day!

Thank you so much William for your clarification. I'll keep trying to find jobs that fit my skills and experiences. Super blessings to you and have a great day. 😃

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Yes, December is a slow month for most freelancers, and no, your JSS won't suffer from a short absence (although as always, some contracts could become too old to be counted in the calculation - that would account for any difference in your score when you return). Personally, I think that it's good to take some time off during the slow periods, if you can afford it. I use the time to catch up on things like bookkeeping, updating my profile and portfolio, following up with clients, and re-examining my goals and marketing strategy.

I've also noticed that there's usually a big influx of freelancers at the beginning of January; maybe because people make a New Year's resolution that they're finally going to try this freelancing thing, and/or because they have spare time during the holidays, and/or because they need extra money at that time of the year. So, brace yourself for that.

Thank you so much Christine for your advice. I understand more now. I will keep checking in on Upwork but have fewer expectations now until my season comes back again.

Have a great day and stay blessed. 😃

df602768
Community Member

It depends. I'm not entirely sure, to be honest, though. Some people say August is low season, others December. 

For me, you should just keep striving and applying for jobs. That's all. 🙂 

August and December are both slow because of holidays in countries where the majority of Upwork clients are located, but obviously, it can vary depending on what services you offer and where most of your own clients are. 

Yes, I will. Thank you so much for your advice and encouragement. 😊

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members