Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Make the Message Number Thing Go away

candi45
Ace Contributor
Candi H Member Since: Jan 14, 2015
1 of 8

I hate the messaging system. I have hated it every time I tried it.

How do I make that stupid number go away? The one that used to tell you how many new messages you have?

FYI, I hate this sytem and Upwork, you really need to fix the broken stuff instead of adding more broken stuff!

Too early to be dealing with this nonsense when I actually have work to do! Now, I can't find any of it!

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
2 of 8

I use the Desktop application for messages. Much better and much easier to use and understand. Try downloading it and see what you think.

corati
Community Guru
Corinne L Member Since: Jun 3, 2013
3 of 8

Hi Jean, I tried to look at the Desktop app but there's nothing in it? Can you see your old messages there?

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 8

@Corinne L wrote:

Hi Jean, I tried to look at the Desktop app but there's nothing in it? Can you see your old messages there?

Yes I can see all my current messages. I have not looked for archived yet. Maybe it just takes a few minutes to populate to your new app. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 8

To get the numbers to go away, click away from the current message room. Click another room that you've already read, for instance. Then, click the room with messages again.

candi45
Ace Contributor
6 of 8

ARgh!!!!

It isn't working. It says I have 7 messages or there is a 7 by the messages. I have clicked in, out, off, on.

So frustrating. How will I know when somebody messages me?

Yes, I am an idiot on the computer. I don't have time to mess around with this stuff. I don't want to be in a room with anybody. I want to read my messages, respond and be done.

testsandeep
Community Leader
Sandeep C Member Since: Oct 24, 2013
7 of 8

@Candi H wrote:

you really need to fix the broken stuff instead of adding more broken stuff!

Well said!!  

candi45
Ace Contributor
8 of 8

OMG!

Just found them. They were from 2013 from some spammer. Seriously, why are these showing up now.

Oh, my. I just wasted how much time on this?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS