🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: May I ask what do these 5-stars mean?
Page options
John Reynald D Community Member

May I ask what do these 5-stars mean?

5-Stars5-Stars

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Petra R Community Member

It means that you left 5 stars for the clients.

Many freelancers think it's the feedback the clients left for them. It isn't. To see the feedback the clients left for you, you have to look at your profile or the contract itself, where it will be under the feedback tab.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Petra R Community Member

It means that you left 5 stars for the clients.

Many freelancers think it's the feedback the clients left for them. It isn't. To see the feedback the clients left for you, you have to look at your profile or the contract itself, where it will be under the feedback tab.

Thanks Petra! I thought it is a private rating given by upwork.

Regarding the client's feedback, I'm the one who ended the contract so I'm the one who left a feedback first. I'll just wait for her feedback but I think it doesn't matter if she doesn't left me a rating cuz we are in good terms and said that she'll hire me again next time. Also, she's new to upwork so it's understandable.
Martina P Community Member

John Reynald D wrote:
Thanks Petra! I thought it is a private rating given by upwork.

Regarding the client's feedback, I'm the one who ended the contract so I'm the one who left a feedback first. I'll just wait for her feedback but I think it doesn't matter if she doesn't left me a rating cuz we are in good terms and said that she'll hire me again next time. Also, she's new to upwork so it's understandable.

The private feedback is your "clients that would recommend you" percentage, lifetime aggregated. 

There really is no benefit in you ending a contract first. Clients might never leave feedback. It's only a good idea when you expect bad feedback and hope the client forgets about you. 

Yes, my fault for ending the contract by myself, but that's okay for me if they might never leave a feedback. Will never do that ever again except when like you said if I think a bad feedback is coming. I'll just politely ask them to end the contract next time. Thanks!
Douglas Michael M Community Member

@jrdegamo wrote:
Yes, my fault for ending the contract by myself, but that's okay for me if they might never leave a feedback. Will never do that ever again except when like you said if I think a bad feedback is coming. I'll just politely ask them to end the contract next time. Thanks!

When a client ends a contract at your request, that guarantees they will leave feedback. They can't end a contract without doing so.

I know that there's a guaranteed feedback when the client's end the contract, but I'm a bit late to know that.

The problem is that me and my client are both new to Upwork (I'm just a little bit ahead, but still don't know a lot. ), so I was a little bit hesitant to ask the client to end the contract, so I ended it first without knowing that I'm the one obligated to leave a feedback. I don't want to ask for a feedback tho, but still hopeful that the client will left a feedback. My fault and that's okay, I learned from my mistakes
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members