🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Mental Burnout
Page options
a7c6f370
Community Member

Mental Burnout

Hey everyone.

Have you ever felt your mental health and inner peace getting bad while doing freelancing or remote work?

If yes how do you manage the situation if you're working on some project at that time? 

I have been feeling this way for some time now whenever I take on a project I feel really difficult to handle it or complete it, it's not that I don't know how to do that work ( I've all 5 star ratings on my profile with good feedbacks ) ,just feel mental health burnout after working for more than 3 to 4 days continuously. 

Any advice related this matter is appreciated, it is affecting my career.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
b9daae08
Community Member

Hi there Eman,

I can totally relate to what you're going through. Freelancing and remote work can sometimes take a toll on our mental health and inner peace, especially when working on intense projects. It's great to hear that you've received excellent feedback and have a stellar profile! A good friend of mine was also facing similar and issues at work while juggling with foreseen and unforeseen office and family issues. I guess these are some of the few strategies that might help you manage this situation:

Set Clear Boundaries: Make sure to define your work hours and stick to them. Don't let work spill over into your personal time. This can help you maintain a healthy work-life balance.

Take Regular Breaks: Incorporate short breaks throughout your workday. A few minutes of stretching, walking, or deep breathing can do wonders for your mental well-being.

Prioritize Self-Care: Don't neglect self-care activities. Make time for hobbies, exercise, and spending time with loved ones. A healthy lifestyle can significantly impact your mental health.

Delegate or Collaborate: If a project becomes overwhelming, consider delegating tasks or collaborating with others. Sometimes, sharing the workload can relieve stress.

I am sure with things will be okay or feel better if any of the strategies above can help alleviate the situation. All will be well. Take heart.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
48f850a0
Community Member

Lol, freelancing isn't for the weak.

The strength to get the job to begin with then complete it and still have to continue the cycle over and over and over...hahahah.... Besides freelancing, no work is supposed to be sweet or fun, you rest and continue. But definitely it's never going to be easy when it involves making money.

You're right nothing that involves making money is easy. I was trying to get some suggestions that can help maybe.

Everyone is different tho, there is something to do that relieves stress for you and gets you back to your feet... You can do that once in a while.. but generally that's just the life of a freelancer.. it has its downsides and honestly i don't know if advisable to be a forever thing, at some point one would have to find something else.

b9daae08
Community Member

Hi there Eman,

I can totally relate to what you're going through. Freelancing and remote work can sometimes take a toll on our mental health and inner peace, especially when working on intense projects. It's great to hear that you've received excellent feedback and have a stellar profile! A good friend of mine was also facing similar and issues at work while juggling with foreseen and unforeseen office and family issues. I guess these are some of the few strategies that might help you manage this situation:

Set Clear Boundaries: Make sure to define your work hours and stick to them. Don't let work spill over into your personal time. This can help you maintain a healthy work-life balance.

Take Regular Breaks: Incorporate short breaks throughout your workday. A few minutes of stretching, walking, or deep breathing can do wonders for your mental well-being.

Prioritize Self-Care: Don't neglect self-care activities. Make time for hobbies, exercise, and spending time with loved ones. A healthy lifestyle can significantly impact your mental health.

Delegate or Collaborate: If a project becomes overwhelming, consider delegating tasks or collaborating with others. Sometimes, sharing the workload can relieve stress.

I am sure with things will be okay or feel better if any of the strategies above can help alleviate the situation. All will be well. Take heart.

Thank you so much for all these valuable suggestions. I do take breaks while working but from now I'll try to follow the other suggestions too. Thanks again

You're very welcome!

I'm glad you found the suggestions valuable. Taking breaks is an excellent start, and incorporating some of these other strategies can make a significant difference in your overall well-being. Remember, it's all about finding a balance that works for you. If you ever have more questions or need further advice, feel free to reach out to the Upwork Community.

Wishing you the best of luck in maintaining a healthy work-life balance and continued success in your freelancing career!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members