Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message interface hops client threads?

blastofflabs
Community Guru
Steve B Member Since: Jul 1, 2015
1 of 2

In the Upwork "Messages" interface, twice in the past 24 hours, I have selected a client in the "client selection" (scrolling left side) window, positioned the cursor into the comment box on the bottom of the screen, typed a message, then after switching to another browser tab to get information, come back to type a followup messages. In both of these instances, the SECOND message went to the wrong client - the one listed immediately below in the client selection window.

The first time, I thought "that's strange - could swear i had just selected the right one". It just happened the second time, I noted that I *had* just selected the correct client in the client selection scroll window. Somehow it had moved.

Is there some reason the message client would hop from one client to an adjacent client thread? 

I had just sent a message to the client, and they had not yet replied.  The second message I sent, when to a client adjacent to the one I was intending to message. 

Of course it's possible I'm doing something wrong, keyboard-wise.  But I know I didn't purposefully move the cursor to a different client, the second time for sure.  I'll start watching it more closely now.  

No harm done, but I'm wondering if this is a known bug with the new messaging interface, or a problem other freelancers are seeing.  TIA!

zoomconcepts
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
2 of 2

I don't have the new message center so this is pure speculation but is it possible that you've switched browser tabs with a keyboard combination that the new interface also responded to? It's still a bug as it shouldn't be reacting to common keyboard combos but it might be a possible explanation - the result is similar to how field forms react to the Tab key. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS