🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Messages not working for this Newbie
Page options
064092b2
Community Member

Messages not working for this Newbie

Hi, 

I just got started on Upwork and got my first email notifying me of a message for an interview with a prospective client. However, when I went to reply to this message through the email I received, it was not there, and I do not see it anywhere on the site no matter how many times I refresh. It also does not appear on the app. So I attempt to reply to the email, and I get another email message stating that it did not get delivered because "The message you just attempted to send was not delivered because we didn't recognize your email address. You can only reply directly to Upwork messages from the same email account that you have registered with us." 

Yet when I check the email address on my account, there is nothing wrong with it. I am so confused and need some help with this. What am I doing wrong? Is there a fix?

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi Brittney,

I took a closer look at the job you're referring to and confirmed that it's no longer available. The client either closed it or found the talent they were looking for. This is why you can no longer access the Message Room. You may validate this by checking the job posting itself on your Proposals page> View job posting.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members