🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Miscellaneous Payment!
Page options
f63617d3
Community Member

Miscellaneous Payment!

Hello Seniors

I completed a fixed job, complete amount of milestone also paid by client. But in the overview section paid amount is shows as miscellaneous.

I have completed the job on 15th October 2021

I contact the client to check wether he approved the milestone properly or not, he said to contact Upwork Finance Department and check.

Thanks
Amri
4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohamed, 

I looked into this, and based on the transactions, the client has released more than the milestone amount. If you check your Available tab, you will see that the first milestone has already been paid, and this miscellaneous payment is on top of the milestone paid to you. 

I would recommend that you check with your client if they intended to pay you more than what was agreed so that both of you are on the same page. 

~ Avery
Upwork
f63617d3
Community Member

Hi Avery

My client is not paid the payment successfully to me, so the payment was in miscellaneous option. I contacted the client and informed him. So he again send me the payment as a bonus. Today I check the balance on available section that miscellaneous payment also added to the withdraw section. I wanted to pay him that money, because its not belongs to me so I informed to the client regarding this matter. He ask me to contact upwork and see.

So the fixed job amount is: $40 USD.
He paid me firstly $5 USD.
Upwork fee is $1 USD.

Balance $35 USD was as miscellaneous option. As I said earlier I contacted the client and told him so he send me the $35 USD as a bonus,
Upwork fee is: $7 USD
That I will get: $28 USD

Its like he paid me twice...

I want to return him $28 USD. How to return that money for the client?

Please be kind enough to give me a prompt reply

TIA
Amri

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for following up. I would like to clarify that if you would like to refund a payment from a previous billing period or on a closed contract, you have the ability to issue a refund for 180 days after the payment is received. Once you issue a refund, you can't reverse it, and your account will reflect the refund immediately.

To issue a refund you can follow the steps below:

• Go to My Jobs › All Contracts and click the contract title. If the contract has ended, select the Include closed contracts checkbox at the top of the page
  • Click the Give a refund button from the (...) options menu
  • Choose Select Invoices
  • Choose the amount to be refunded and click Give Refund

You can find more information about giving a refund here

~ Nikola
Upwork
f63617d3
Community Member

Hello Nikola S

Thank you so much for your reply.

I contacted the client and said I will do the future project for this extra paid amount.
Client also agreed 👍, So now no need to refund 🙂.

Thanks
Amri
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths