🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Money still in escrow after all work was subm...
Page options
74f4c9ce
Community Member

Money still in escrow after all work was submitted&accepted its been more than 5 days now !

Work has been submitted and approved by the customer its been more than 5 days I'm getting unnecessary delays been trying to get to speak to somebody but I'm getting only machines and generic replies I'm new to Upwork and so far its been a huge pain to get payed.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yofazza
Community Member

Are you sure the client approved your Submit earlier? You should see something like this in the messages window:

[client name] approved the milestone.

... with details below that can be clicked to open the project overview like your screenshot, where I think there should be some amount in the Received row (and also in here).

If not, then it'll be released automatically after 14 days (plus the 5 days security period)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
74f4c9ce
Community Member

If anybody has some suggestions regarding how can I get that money quicker please be my guest I'm running out of ideas tried calling Upwork but didn't reach a human  & the support bot is really not doing anything in my favor.  
The customer said he released payment its been the 3rd time I'm asking him and I think I'm starting to get on his nerves but I have bills to pay and other expenses and that money is critical to my wellbeing . 

When you look under Reports - Transaction history, there should be a date in the left hand column that will tell you when your payment will be available. What does it say there? Once the payment is available, you can go to "Get Paid" to transfer the money to your payment method. There's no need to keep messaging your client; there's nothing that he can do to get your money to you any faster.

colettelewis
Community Member

Tudor, 

I can' t see where it says that the money has been released, but if it has been released, then you should see that amount in "pending". Once it shows here, then there is about a five-day wait before it reaches your account. 

If the client has not released it (i.e. if it is not showing in "pending") he has 14 days in which to review your work and either to ask for changes or to release the amount. If there is no action at all from the client, Upwork will automatically release the amount to you, but there is still the five-day wait. 

A very important thing to remember is that if you click on "submit" more than once after you have sent the work, then the whole 14-day process starts all over again.  

74f4c9ce
Community Member

I find it really unsettling that I waited 5 days and the client said he released I click resubmit thinking that I need to click something else in order to get the money been trying to reach a human from the Upwork platform but no luck only getting machines and it's really frustrating. 
Thank you for the info you are saying that the client needs to accept it again then I can proceed to me waiting another 5 days absolute nightmare so far but again thx. 

yofazza
Community Member

Are you sure the client approved your Submit earlier? You should see something like this in the messages window:

[client name] approved the milestone.

... with details below that can be clicked to open the project overview like your screenshot, where I think there should be some amount in the Received row (and also in here).

If not, then it'll be released automatically after 14 days (plus the 5 days security period)

74f4c9ce
Community Member

The client accepted again the money it went from escrow  to received but I tried withdrawing it I set weekly on the schedule it was supposed to happen yesterday now it had set to the 14th should I expect another delay how does that happen its mindboggling   they keep so much commission and make it so hard for me to get the money that I worked for . 
Any advice on how I can get the money faster .

74f4c9ce
Community Member

5 days wait again hopefully this is the last delay fingers crossed.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members