🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Mpesa reversal
Page options
lomfrem_martha
Community Member

Mpesa reversal

Hello, I have been trying like three times to withdraw funds to my mpesa. It goes successfully cuts $0.99 charging fee then it reverses back my withdrawn money. Then disconnects my withdrawal method. What could be the issue. I have lost $3 doing this. Kindly help
57 REPLIES 57
NikolaS

Hi Linda,

It looks like one of our agents already reached to you to assist you further. Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further. 

You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I tried to withdraw to mpesa twice, it was rejected. How do I resolve this?

Hi Annemarie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It seems that you already communicated with our team and you were able to resolve the issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
NikolaS

Hi Linda,

Could you please try withdrawing your funds again? Let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
callebito
Community Member

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem. I have tried withdrawing thrice with no success and each time a withdrawal fee is deducted and the payment method disabled. Please help. 

Hi Caleb,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
francis_nderitu
Community Member

My Mpesa payment was also rejected, with no indication why that is the case, and I was also still charged. Why is this? It is deeply unsettling

Hi Mark,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
fransis254
Community Member

March 29,same problem. I really worked hard for this and now withdrawals are rejected and my funds are used up by withdrawal fees. Not fair. You people should do something about this.

Hi Francis,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you.
53962a9a
Community Member

I have been experiencing challenges with withdrawing payments from Upwork to my Mpesa account for 2 days now. Any suggestions on how to go about this?

Thankyou

Hi Olivia,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ijohnk
Community Member

I've been trying to withdraw funds but i'm still unable

Hi John,

I followed up with the team handling your case and one of our agents already updated your support ticket with more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
shiru1996
Community Member

I have so far lost $7 trying to withdraw since yesterday and I am having the same issues of payment being rejected and the issue not being resolved. What is happening???

Hello Winfred,

I understand that this is important for you. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same inquiry and the relevant team is currently reviewing your request. You should receive a response from them soon. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
stephenemukolwe
Community Member

I withdrew some money from my account today . It usually takes less than 30 minutes to receive the money via Mpesa. It has taken abnormally too long today. What could be the problem?

Hello Stephen,

I see that your payment withdrawal was successfully initiated and currently under process. It may take up to 4 business days for your payment to reach your bank account. Feel free to contact us if you do not receive your payment within 8 business days so that we can initiate the payment tracing process for you.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Pradeep H wrote:

It may take up to 4 business days for your payment to reach your bank account.

He didn't withdraw to a bank, he withdrew to Mpesa, which is usually instant, but can take up to 24 hours.

Hello Stephen,

Apologies for the confusion. Petra is correct as the fund transfer to MPesa is usually instant but may take up to 24 hours on weekdays and 1 business day if withdrawal is initiated on weekends. Please refer to this Help article for more information. 

Thank you

Pradeep H

Upwork
osorehi
Community Member

Hey. I am also going through the same issue. Tried reaching out to support, but the issue has not been solved yet.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Moses,

I can see you were able to submit a number of support tickets with our team regarding this. Rest assured, our team is reviewing and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
winnieondara
Community Member

I'm currently unable to withdraw funds using the MPESA payment method. My funds keep bouncing back to my account in the form of a refund and this has happened thrice now. I have checked with MPESA and everything looks okay on their end. I don't understand why the funds keep bouncing back to my Upwork account.  This is very frustrating.

Hi Winnie,

It looks like you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Anyone who has succeeded withdrawing the funds via M-Pesa for the Kanyan
Users? I tried this morning and still not successful?
rubekani
Community Member

Hello,

I withdrew funds from upwork over 24 hours ago. I am yet to receive the funds in my M-Pesa account despite the earnings being processed and an email sent confirming the same.The M-pesa team says the problem lies with Upwork team. Kindly advice what I am supposed to do.

Hi Frank,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
dickens1
Community Member

Hi,

I made withdrawals via Mpesa,its now past 24 hours, and the funds are yet to hit my mobile account. Is there a cause for this delay? 

Sincerely,

Dickens.

Hi Dickens,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
dickens1
Community Member

Hi,

I withdrew funds from my Upwork account via M-Pesa and its past 24 hours yet the funds are not reflecting on my Mpesa account.

Kindly assist.

Sincerely,

Dickens.

Hi Dickens,

~ Joanne
Upwork
dickens1
Community Member

Resolved.

Thank You!
r_simam
Community Member

Hello,
I withdraw my funds via Mpesa and its been 1 day and have not yet received.
Please assist.

Hi Richard,

~ Joanne
Upwork
alex_mahinge
Community Member

My Mpesa withdrawals keep on being rejected siting issue to be invalid bank details. I have been using the same withdraw details from day one. In the process I have lost $3 like the 20% you take isn’t enough!! I would like it refunded back please I worked hard for that money and the issue sorted out

Hi ALex,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
opondoh
Community Member

I have lost $2 trying to withdraw via Mpesa. I have been using the same number for about 7 months. Please help me solve thi. #URGENTLY

Hello Hillary,

I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for your query and our team is already investigating your concern. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them directly if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members