🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Clients account is suspended
Page options
de415f56
Community Member

My Clients account is suspended

Hi,

I am new to Upwork and yesterday took up my first assignment. Just when I was about to complete my work the clients account got suspended. I have 8.20 hrs of tracked work and have put in about a couple of hours more effort, that is untracked (as I am new, was not aware of the tracking thing initially .)

The client needed the article by night which I completed and submitted, but on discovering that the contract is suspended and the client is unresponsive, removed the file. Kindly let  me know if I should resubmit my work. Also let me know if my payments will be protected as I have put in a lot of effort to work on this.

Regards,

Pragnya

7 REPLIES 7
de415f56
Community Member

Sorry, the contract showed ON HOLD/SUSPENDED.

The Client account was not suspended. 

It's an hourly contract, right?

If you tracker the time with a meaningful memo and screenshot show you working it means you'll get paid regardless. No need to remove the file from the client just don't work until things are sorted out.

Thank you for answering. Yes it was an hourly project and all screenshots are recorded by the tool. I removed the file because Upwork said not to work until further communication from their side. Also the client who wanted the file by night, was unresponsive. He is still unresponsive.

Kindly suggest if I should still share my work with the client.

petra_r
Community Member

Pragnya P wrote:

Sorry, the contract showed ON HOLD/SUSPENDED.

The Client account was not suspended. 

Actually, it was. The contract bing suspended is a result of the client being suspended.

That said, it may be somethin g perfectly innocent like a credit card expiring t th end of July (so any hours tracked from today onwrds could not be charged). It's for your client to resolve, and in my experience at least, it tends to get sorted very quickly most of the time.

If you tracked your time correctly, your payment is protected anyway, even in the less likely event of the client not resolving the issue.

de415f56
Community Member

Thank you for answering. The client is unresponsive. Kindly let me know if I should still submit my work.

You can wait for the suspension to to be lifter before you do anything.
On hourly contracts you can always share your progress with the client since you will always be paid if tracked correctly, and everything you do belongs to the client.

thank you for answering.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members