cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Dispute Case? Can any one please tell me the meaning of Courtesy Credit ?

Ace Contributor
Atif S Member Since: Oct 26, 2018
1 of 5

Agent Message: Upwork has reviewed this request and will be issuing a refund of Escrow ($15.00) to the client as well as a courtesy credit for the escrow amount to the freelancer, in order to end the job and part ways. The courtesy credit will be applied to the freelancer’s account within 5 business days. The contract and dispute are closed.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 5

Courtesy credit means it would cost more for Upwork to even bother with this nonsense so they are just giving you both a payout. You're welcome. That's why I pay 20% on the first $500.

Ace Contributor
Atif S Member Since: Oct 26, 2018
3 of 5

Means Upwork pays me 15$? Secondly Whats about private & Public feedback that Client has Given me?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

re: "Means Upwork pays me 15$?"

Yes.

re: "What about private & public feedback that client has given me?"

What about it?

Clients leave private and public feedback on every contract that they close.

That has nothing to do with getting paid $15 by Upwork.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 5

Atif S wrote:

Agent Message: Upwork has reviewed this request and will be issuing a refund of Escrow ($15.00) to the client as well as a courtesy credit for the escrow amount to the freelancer, in order to end the job and part ways. The courtesy credit will be applied to the freelancer’s account within 5 business days. The contract and dispute are closed.

You actually initiated a dispute over $ 15?

To be quite frank, for the sake of the marketplace, both that client and yourself should be eliminated from the marketplace.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS