Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My JSS

ahmedmskamel
Ahmed M Member Since: Feb 4, 2017
31 of 56
Hi,
I've been on upwork since last July. I got 5 star ratings on all of my projects. 88% of the clients would recommend me and i have 11% long term client. This February, my JSS dropped to 89% then 67% and i can't see any reason for that. I issued 1 refund only for a client as he was really really difficult to deal with. This way i'll not be able to get any new jobs with such a JSS. How is this poosible
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
32 of 56

@Ahmed K wrote:
Hi,
I've been on upwork since last July. I got 5 star ratings on all of my projects. 88% of the clients would recommend me and i have 11% long term client. This February, my JSS dropped to 89% then 67% and i can't see any reason for that.

Your JSS is 79% not 67% and whilst that is still low it's not as bad as 67%.

You have a contract that started in September and looks like it may have been inactive for a while? Contracts that have been inactive for a long time will hurt your JSS.

Also remember that even when you refund to avoid public feedback, the client can still leave private feedback which affects your JSS.

ahmedmskamel
Ahmed M Member Since: Feb 4, 2017
33 of 56

Thank a lot petra and sorry for the mistake.

One more question please. If the client ends contract and provide feed back, should that help fix JSS a bit?

Thanks a lot

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
34 of 56

Hi Ahmed,

Receiving feedback will definitely increase an impact a contract has on your score, but that impact will depend on the nature of the feedback.

Untitled
burgesslauraann
Laura-Ann B Member Since: Jun 29, 2016
35 of 56

I'm trying to figure out why my JSS has lost a point...all my recent jobs have been 100% successful, to my knowledge.

tedjoshuaangelo
Community Leader
Ted Joshua Angelo G Member Since: Nov 8, 2014
36 of 56

You most porbably have a dormant contract where there is little to no activity. If its been paused by Upwork, you need to end it and inform your client to stop the penalty. 

burgesslauraann
37 of 56

I didn't realize I could be penalized for those. I have a number of paused contracts and have contacted clients to no avail, all are unresponsive. Is there another way I can avoid this penalty?

tedjoshuaangelo
Community Leader
Ted Joshua Angelo G Member Since: Nov 8, 2014
38 of 56

If you have too many, just end a few. I myself have a dormant contract that has been inactive for almost a year now and Upwork penalizes me 1-2 JS probably every 3 months. But since I also have a long term contract, my score usually almost immediately climbs back up to 100% so I don't really see the need to end it. 

Too many inactive contracts are a negative sight to most clients as it give them the wrong impression that the prospective freelancer is juggling alot of responsibilities and that the freelancer might not be able to give their 100%. Usually it is really best to just end the contract if your client is no longer responsive. 

burgesslauraann
39 of 56

That's really helpful, thanks. I have one or two smaller ones...I've sent them notice and if they don't respond within 3 days, I'll end those contracts. Thanks again.

rainer_
Ace Contributor
Joe T Member Since: Dec 15, 2016
40 of 56

Hi all,

I have a very serious problem regarding my Job Success Score. As of right now, it is 60%, and I have no idea why.

Last week, it was at 63% due to my own idiocy as I closed several jobs without receiving feedback (my clients had vanished off the earth, they were NEVER going to leave me feedback). And since last week I have completed another job, submitted work for a long term client and my score has gone down!

Also, does anyone know at what point a client becomes 'long-term'? As my stats page says I have no long term clients, when I actually have three.

Any information / help is appreciated. This score is greatly affecting my employment rate and I really have no idea how to rectify it. Why is it that freelancers punished for unresponsive clients?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS