๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Freelancers ยป My Proposals are being ignored or doesn't sho...
Page options
4d89d3e3
Community Member

My Proposals are being ignored or doesn't show up

Hello, I am a new freelancer. I am a python programmer. I think my proposals don't show up on the client page.

I had 20 connects.

I only submit to jobs that were posted 5 minutes or less, I write a nice proposal with my experiences and skills and what I will deliver. But I get no interview at all. Today I sent a proposal to a job published 30 seconds ago, also with the professional proposal, SAME PROBLEM. after 10 minutes I rechecked the job. I saw:

• Proposals:  5 to 10
  • Invites sent: 7
  • Unanswered invites: 4

So I think this client sent an invite to every freelancer who applied. But I didn't t get anything.

So I think there's a problem with my account.

Now, I spent all my connects for 7 jobs and I got no interview.

Any ideas?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
elisa_b
Community Member

Youssef B wrote:

I only submit to jobs that were posted 5 minutes or less. (...) Today I sent a proposal to a job published 30 seconds ago

It doesn't really matter to be the first one to apply for a job. What matters is how convincing is your proposal, and how you actually match the client's needs.

Youssef B wrote:

So I think this client sent an invite to every freelancer who applied. But I didn't t get anything.

As far as I know, invites have nothing to do with applications. It just means that the client decided to send invitations to specific freelancers they think are suitable for their job - so they are invited directly. In your case, the client invited 7 people and 3 of them replied so far. 

I personally find more interesting the "interviewing" statistic - at least I know how many other freelancers the client is currently talking to. Like this:

Screenshot_1.jpg

As per your profile, please remember that often a client reads only the very first lines. Your description "wastes" this opportunity with this unneeded sentence: "Hello, Thank you for checking out my profile, here is a quick overview of my skills and strengths". I would suggest you get straight to the point and emphasize how you can address the client's needs, rather than saying multiple times "I will", "I am", "I have", "my", etc.

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

1. Invites are not sent to freelancers that sent a proposal. They are sent to freelancers who haven't applied. 

2. Your proposal, or more specifically, the first two lines of it are not captivating enough for the client to open it. 

3. Maybe it's the lack of good picture. People like to see the people they interact with. 

4. 7 proposals is nothing. Do 93 more to evaluate if this is working for you or not. 

Oh, thanks!

elisa_b
Community Member

Youssef B wrote:

I only submit to jobs that were posted 5 minutes or less. (...) Today I sent a proposal to a job published 30 seconds ago

It doesn't really matter to be the first one to apply for a job. What matters is how convincing is your proposal, and how you actually match the client's needs.

Youssef B wrote:

As far as I know, invites have nothing to do with applications. It just means that the client decided to send invitations to specific freelancers they think are suitable for their job - so they are invited directly. In your case, the client invited 7 people and 3 of them replied so far. 

I personally find more interesting the "interviewing" statistic - at least I know how many other freelancers the client is currently talking to. Like this:

Screenshot_1.jpg

As per your profile, please remember that often a client reads only the very first lines. Your description "wastes" this opportunity with this unneeded sentence: "Hello, Thank you for checking out my profile, here is a quick overview of my skills and strengths". I would suggest you get straight to the point and emphasize how you can address the client's needs, rather than saying multiple times "I will", "I am", "I have", "my", etc.

Best of luck!

4d89d3e3
Community Member

Hi,

Thank you very much for your assistance! I'll check that.

arsalan-m
Community Member

Check for your stats page, Upwork has updated their stats page where you can see how many proposal you have sent within 7, 30 or 90 days you can also check if your proposal been viewed by the client by selecting the proposals from dropdown in Analytics section below the page. The default selection is Profile View, check to see if your proposal been viewed by any of the client.

That would help you analyse your proposal, if its worth reading for the client.

Tip: I suggest, don't send proposals on invited jobs, client would prefer interviewing their invited resource more than others. Only if you're lucky or have sent a great proposal / offer you may get interviewed but chances are low.

Good Luck!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members