🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My UpWork Contract was suspended
Page options
98498ab2
Community Member

My UpWork Contract was suspended

What do I do?? 

I recently received a message from UpWork regarding my Profile visibility was turned private, and then I found out a job contract which was recently "upheld", using their words. I need help fixing it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlbp
Community Member

Paul S wrote:

What do I do?? 

I recently received a message from UpWork regarding my Profile visibility was turned private, and then I found out a job contract which was recently "upheld", using their words. I need help fixing it.

1. Privacy setting just has to do with whether you've earned any money and is easily fixed as the mod explained

2. "upheld" in EN has a very different meaning than "on hold." If your contract was placed "on hold" or there is a "hold" on your contract. That means the client has a problem--they haven't paid or are being investigated for some other reason. You will have to wait to see if the client fixes the issue. 

Read the getting started on Upwork materials and pay attention to posts in the forum about clients who fail to pay or are scammers. If you are just getting started and 1. haven't earned any money and 2. have already encountered a non-paying/scammer client, things aren't going well for you and you need to learn more about how to take care of yourself on the platform. 
Use the search bar at the top of the forums to find out more about "on hold" contracts and "scams"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paul,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will also change to private. When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results and will not be seen by clients unless you submit a proposal to their job. You can check this help article for more information. Would you like me to go ahead and reset your profile visibility to public?

Regarding your contract, I checked and yes, the contract was placed on hold. If there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, your contract with them will be paused and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns. You may want to wait for the hold on the contract to be lifted before taking any action or doing any additional work on the contract. Feel free to check out this help article for more information about this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes please do help reset my profile visibility and also I intend to stay on
UpWork and earn money. I want to reassure you that I intend to get more
jobs in these coming weeks.

Thank You for your help.

Hi Paul,

I went ahead and updated your profile visibility to public. Let us know if you need further assistance with anything.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
tlbp
Community Member

Paul S wrote:

What do I do?? 

1. Privacy setting just has to do with whether you've earned any money and is easily fixed as the mod explained

2. "upheld" in EN has a very different meaning than "on hold." If your contract was placed "on hold" or there is a "hold" on your contract. That means the client has a problem--they haven't paid or are being investigated for some other reason. You will have to wait to see if the client fixes the issue. 

Read the getting started on Upwork materials and pay attention to posts in the forum about clients who fail to pay or are scammers. If you are just getting started and 1. haven't earned any money and 2. have already encountered a non-paying/scammer client, things aren't going well for you and you need to learn more about how to take care of yourself on the platform. 
Use the search bar at the top of the forums to find out more about "on hold" contracts and "scams"

98498ab2
Community Member

Thanks, I got it.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths