🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My client **Edited** just insults at me, how...
Page options
sevannahd
Community Member

My client **Edited** just insults at me, how to report his bad comment

I just feel so sad that I have finished my work 2 days before the deadline. He paid me the full amount. 

The next day, he asked me to do another work for him, and I give him my rate. He thinks it is too expensive and cut the price in half. I refused that I cannot do it. And stated clearly that I will offer the services at a certain amount. 

He insults me on Upwork and left a 1-star review saying that I am not a good communicator, kept on changing the terms and pricing, and deliverables. Would never hire me again. Don't waste your time.

I have completed the work successfully and he wants me to do another projects with an extremly low rate. I refused him so he gave me an extremly low rating. How would I REPORT him? 

I also saw a lot of comments "This feedback has been removed" under the client's recent history, I guess he is not the first time doing that. 

Been crying for an hour. Need help. Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nyonomega0
Community Member

I'm sorry for your experience.

That client was cheap & nasty. I've worked with such clients in the past. They left me an appallingly inappropriate and unreasonable comment for miscommunication.

You can report the client by flagging one of their (inappropriate) messages as inappropriate with prompt reasoning. However, chances are Upwork will not do anything about that client, because, as you know, they're an old client and have spent multi hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I would suggest you try to overlook this situation and focus on your current and future projects.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

50 REPLIES 50
kenstone
Community Member

There are some bullies on here.   I had a similar experience when I first started on uw.  I accepted a contract and the client wanted free work else threated to give me a bad review.  I said go ahead I already reported you.  Then he freaked out and started yelling at me.

Well Done. I should do it too! Thank you for your advice! 

tagrendy
Community Member

This is one of those jobs that will give you a sixth sense in the future. You'll know, if you're about to close a project, and the client drags on closing it and offers a new project, he might be thinking of holding feedback for the open project hostage to get a better deal on next project. You say - "yes, I will love to work with you Mister Nightmare at a slave rate, this has been my dream since I was seventeen!" - Then you close the project, wait 2 weeks claiming covid got you, and then block him.

Nice! Thank you for the awesome suggestion!

a_lipsey
Community Member

LINGZI D wrote:

I just feel so sad that I have finished my work 2 days before the deadline. He paid me the full amount. 

The next day, he asked me to do another work for him, and I give him my rate. He thinks it is too expensive and cut the price in half. I refused that I cannot do it. And stated clearly that I will offer the services at a certain amount. 

He insults me on Upwork and left a 1-star review saying that I am not a good communicator, kept on changing the terms and pricing, and deliverables. Would never hire me again. Don't waste your time.

I have completed the work successfully and he wants me to do another projects with an extremly low rate. I refused him so he gave me an extremly low rating. How would I REPORT him? 

I also saw a lot of comments "This feedback has been removed" under the client's recent history, I guess he is not the first time doing that. 

Been crying for an hour. Need help. Thanks!

In the future, when a client says they want to do another project before you have closed the last contract, BEFORE you offer a new quote, say "Let's close out the last contract and then we can discuss the next contract and I can give you a quote." That way you close out and get the good feedback, then you can tell them your quote, etc. without fear of retribution. 

Thank you so much for your advice!!!  

kathy1010
Community Member

It's important to vet clients carefully. The bunch of "feedback removed" is a huge red flag. 
It's a horrible way to learn a lesson, but such a client should be stayed away from. I'm sorry.

Learned the lesson the hard way. It is also a good lesson to learn for all other freelancers as well. 

Thank you for your advice!!!

mrseby
Community Member

I don't know if you have done an internet 'review' search for this particular client who runs Theradome. If you do, you will find that he has very poor reviews from ALL of his clients of any kind so I am very pleased that you have mentioned him by name. Perhaps others will be wary of doing business with him. Someone on Amazon has called his product a 'scam'. He even has a bad reputation with the Better Business Bureau. Some people may think it is unfair to mention a client by name, but if Upwork will not help (when they SHOULD be protecting freelancers as well as clients - since WE also pay them), then we have every right to help protect each other. 

tlsanders
Community Member

You don't have "every right" to name names in the forums. It's not allowed and will be removed.

mrseby
Community Member

Tiffany

You can say that but when I first read Lingzi's comment from March 22, it had the client's name and company name  - that's more than a year ago. The names HAD NOT been removed. Hopefully, anyone who read that name over the last almost a year and a half got the warning. Freelancers should be protected from a scammer like that. He was not doing fair business. He doesn't do fair business on or off Upwork.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members