🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My client is moving accounts
Page options
prriyyanka13
Community Member

My client is moving accounts

I recently received a message on Upwork stating that my client is moving projects to a new clinet account and that I will receive a contract offer from the new account.

1. I looked at the new contract offer and it seems I am being charged 20% Upwork fees on this as opposed to 10% I was charged on the existing contract. Why is that?

2. Also, I currently have a Top Rated Plus badge . When I accept the new offer, will I still have the Top Rated Plus badge? 

5 REPLIES 5
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Priyanka, the Top Rated Plus badge only lasts one year from the time it was earned unless you get another client engagement that meets Upwork's criteria. Has it been greater than one year? Thanks!

Hi William, thanks for your message, quoting from Upwork below. This does not say that the badge lasts only for a year

To qualify for the Top Rated Plus badge, you must:

• Have earned and maintained Top Rated status
  • Have $10k+ in total earnings over the past 12 months ($20k+ in total earnings over the last 12 months for agencies)
  • Have worked or are working on one or more large contracts in the past 12 months without negative outcomes

The third bullet point says exactly that...except that it says "12 months" instead of "one year"

honeyv
Community Member

The one that’s different often has the odds stacked against them but usually ends up with the biggest rewards so it’s always worth it.
I'm wondering if I might earned same kind of Top Rated Plus badge, probably in future.
But great to know you're maintaining that Top Rate Plus Badge in a small amount of time.

I think I might have to switch to these skills if they help me in anyways - but you efforts are worth enough to be influnced from:

Data analyst, Python programmer, Automation expert

martina_plaschka
Community Member

1. I looked at the new contract offer and it seems I am being charged 20% Upwork fees on this as opposed to 10% I was charged on the existing contract. Why is that?

Because it's a different account. You should have asked to the client to continue with the old account. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths