🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My client wants me to edit my feedback to the...
Page options
grifter101
Community Member

My client wants me to edit my feedback to them. How can I do it?

Hello, 
One of my client asked me politely if I can change my feedback rating to them as I gave them 4.4 and not 5 stars since they all of a sudden didn't contacted me when I finished the job. Though they already paid the full amount of the contract after a few weeks of non contact. Now they are asking if I can change my ratings. I'm willing to do that, but I can't find edit button. Could you please help me. 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Gilbert,

To do this, your client will need to enable you to update the feedback you originally provided. You can share this article with your client for more information on how they can do that. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LuiggiR

Hi Gilbert,

To do this, your client will need to enable you to update the feedback you originally provided. You can share this article with your client for more information on how they can do that. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks LuiggiR for the response. I will check this out. 

the-right-writer
Community Member

It is crucial that freelancers and clients leave honest feedback. If you left 4.4, then you should have left it that way. Freelancers only have other freelancers to depend on for accurate information on clients. I want to know if it's a 4.4 or 5, and those add up. A 4.4 is not a bad rating, and I have concerns over a client or freelancer wanting different ratings. I would have reported the client for wanting me to change feedback. The only exception is if I accidentally gave them an incorrect rating.

Obviously, Upwork doesn't agree with my opinion, but the private mostly, and the public reviews are all freelancers have to assess clients.

Thanks Jeanne H for your honest feedback. Actually I agree with you on this, the rating I gave them is 4.4 and they gave me 5, reason I felt guilty for giving them that score. I gave it because I haven't got any response after finishing the project which is for me is so unprofessional. But yeah, since they gave me a 5 rating I felt too bad for them and wanted to make it higher

I understand wanting to be fair or nice, but this is business involving everyone's finances. It doesn't matter what the client gives you; you need to rate them honestly, which you did. There is no need to feel bad about a 4.4. Too many people here expect a 5 just for getting the job done/managing to pay the freelancer. You had no reason to feel guilty. The clients aren't going to feel guilty when they give less than a 5. Also, you have no way of knowing what they gave you in private feedback. They could have tanked your JSS, while manipulating you into giving them great feedback.

I hope in the future you will consider staying with your honest impression, not only in the score, but in the public review. You can be honest, while being polite and respectful, but truthful. I appreciate you wanting to be nice. However, in this business, especially on this platform, you will find clients who are anything but nice. It's important to give kudos when deserved, and honest reporting of problems when deserved as well.

You can be nice and protect yourself.

Thanks Jeanne H. Appreciate your feedback. I'll think again if I need to change my feedback or not, but I'm more leaning towards not changing it. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members