🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My proposal was rejected as the client was su...
Page options
3ddac92d
Community Member

My proposal was rejected as the client was suspended.

So, I'm new here and still figuring out how to use Upwork's features like "Connects."

I recently applied for a project, and my proposal cost me a certain amount of Connects. Now I'm being informed that the project proposal is rejected as "your client is suspended." My question is whether I can get those Connects back by raising a request with Upwork's support team.

The AI chatbot was wildly unhelpful and did not offer any useful advice.

Hope y'all nice folks can help me resolve this issue, thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Aman,

There are a number of reasons why a client's account may be suspended, although we can't share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. If a job post you apply to ends up being removed for being in violation of the Terms of Service, the Connects that you used to apply will be returned to you. Feel free to check this article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hi Aman,

There are a number of reasons why a client's account may be suspended, although we can't share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. If a job post you apply to ends up being removed for being in violation of the Terms of Service, the Connects that you used to apply will be returned to you. Feel free to check this article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3ddac92d
Community Member

Thank you for the response, Luiggi. How long does it generally take for Connects to be refunded in case a job post is removed for violation of Terms and Service?

Hi Aman,

After the time it may take for the team to review and action any particular job post, I would expect it to take a few days for the Connects to be issued back to your account.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members