🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My proposals are no longer accepted!
Page options
e9b08198
Community Member

My proposals are no longer accepted!

Hello dear freelancers,

I hope you are all doing well on Upwork.

About 9 months ago, when I first started working on Upwork, securing a job was quite challenging. I received only one interview for every 10 proposals I submitted, but fortunately, each interview led to a successful hire. I attributed this difficulty to being entry-level with no resume, recommendations, or Job Success Score (JSS).

My hunch was correct, as things started looking up once I achieved a 100% JSS and earned the Top-Rated badge.

However, I am currently facing a puzzling situation. Despite submitting over 20 proposals, all with extra connects, I have not been successful in landing any new clients. Even my previous clients seem to have stopped posting jobs and sending interview requests.

I find myself wasting numerous connects without gaining any new projects. Has any other freelancer encountered a similar scenario? Could there be something amiss with my profile? Is there a specific approach I should be taking with my proposals? I am confident in my proposal writing skills and how to boost them.

I look forward to hearing your insights.

Best regards

1 REPLY 1
khushbu_gohil
Community Member

This scenario going on since Feb when they increase connects and scam and low cost job increase and I observed that enterprise clients are reduced and old clients also finding another way might possible they are not getting relevant talent due to algorithm

This issue affect to top rated plus freelancers as well so you are not only one and nothing like your skill or proposal writing is not correct ( client not viewing any proposal so how we can say that our proposal is not perfect! Might possible bot post job) or something change in algorithms that not give relevant matching 

All client profile last update on oct 2023 so obviously no recent hiring % is there...many inform that bug and update a system still after 6 month support said they are fixing this issue and its affect already lots of people because it's possible that client hire more and their hiring rate improve like 34% to 70 or 80% after 6 month and what freelancer see is no recent review on client history and due to low hiring rate they don't waste their connects and that hide real talent from client. Single bug can affect lots of parameters 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members