🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My ticket is consistently being closed withou...
Page options
foresstgump
Community Member

My ticket is consistently being closed without resolution

My account has been suspended for almsot 4 months.

I provide verification ID and all the necessary information.

But my account is still suspended.

I submitted a request #33626470 to get a problem resolution.

But it is consistently closed without any actually resolution.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

We've been following this conversation and I'll close the thread to further replies since the arguments have been exhausted and the conversation is moving in an unproductive direction. I'd like to thank all participants for their valuable input.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
PradeepH

Hi Aleksandr,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern or confirm compliance to restore your account at the earliest. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi there! Support continues closing my request (already 10 times without any response).

How should I proceed? 

Aleksandr P wrote:

How should I proceed? 

You can do as you have been asked or continue to stay suspended.

What is the rationale behind asking questions which I have given the answer already (when registering my upwork account)?

What is the rationale behind such question as **Edited for Community Guidelines** HOW DOES IT SQUARE WITHIN MY REQUEST RESOLUTION?

If a support person can't resolve an issue, let's just forward the request to the appropriate person! There is no need in asking a lot of questions just because you can't resolve the issue.

You are on Upwork, they get to decide what questions to ask, to keep you or to drop you. You should thank the agent for being patient enough not to permanently suspend you for being so uncooperative. 

Right! This is the question. If I close my account and then create a new one. It was accurately the same and I won't need to answer these questions twice. So, what is the difference?

Aleksandr P wrote:

If I close my account and then create a new one

The new one will be suspended because you aren't allowed to do that. Then you'll have two suspended accounts instead of one.

As you haven't worked on Upwork for 2 years and clearly have no interest in cooperating so your suspension can be resolved, why do you even care? What is the point?

Why? If I will close the current one and then create a new one - it means i will have the only account at any given moment of time. How could it infridge upwork agreement?

I've never had two verified accounts at once. I have been using the only account for all the order since the beginning. So, I don't know what is our discussion about?

What, right? You will break Upwork rules by creating a new account. Maybe you've already done this in the past which got you suspended in the first place.

Why? If I will close the current one and then create a new one - it won't anyhow infridge upwork agreement. Since it will be the only account at every given moment of time.

foresstgump
Community Member

As said my account has been blocked for almost 4 months.

I submitted a ticket to resolve this.

It is constantly being closed without resolution (some times it is closed, sometimes some stranges questions are being asked), but the result is the same: the issue still persists and the account is blocked.

Trully speaking I have not activelly used my upwork account for almost 2 years and a lot of  strange things happens - like blocking account, reducing my rating. So, I just want to know what is going on? What does it mean?  

Hi Aleksandr,

As confirmed earlier, our team is already coordinating with you about your account status. It would be best to post your questions directly on the ticket so that the team can assist you directly.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Five times!!! Request #33626470 has been already closed for five times without any appropriate action to resolve the original problem. Could it be just forward to the appropriate person? If you don't resolve the problem, just don't close the request (guess you're doing it just for statistics)

Hi Aleksandr,

I just checked with the team and they have confirmed that they are waiting for your response to the request for compliance on your ticket. You should be able to reply to the ticket and that will automatically be forwarded to the team handling your case. If you are unable to access it from your Upwork account, please know that the same information was also sent to the email address associated with your Upwork account and you can respond directly from there. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there!

Literally, they are NOT waiting. They are moving the request to "Closed" again and again.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Aleksandr,

I checked and your ticket is open, you should be able to follow up on it if you have any additional information to share with our team.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there, my ticket is open just because everytime (four times already) it is marked as closed without an appropriate resolution, I replies and after my reply it becames "open" again.

But this is nothing about resolution. ...

Hi Aleksandr, 

I checked your ticket, and I can see that the team shared specific instructions on what you can do to lift the suspension on your account. The ticket was automatically closed since you failed to comply with the team's request. Replying to the email will re-open the support ticket. I recommend that you follow the instructions provided by the team so that the hold on your account can be lifted. Otherwise, the hold will stay in place. In your next reply on the email, kindly follow the instructions provided by the team so that they can review your account further. 

Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi there!

The only thing which has been usually required to restore suspended account is passing verification. This is what I have done several times since I joined upwork in 2017. It is a ordinary case. And this is what I did a couple of months ago. It should have been enough.

Asking questions/additional confirmations don't anyhow make the request resolution faster.

They can continue asking questions infinitly. They are closing account without any resolution. It is me who created this request and it is me who should decide if the request is resolved or not. If they prefer to ask questions instead of resolving the issue, it is not Correct.

Aleksandr P wrote:

The only thing which has been usually required to restore suspended account is passing verification.

Not necessarily. It depends on why the suspension happened in the first place.

Aleksandr P wrote:

Asking questions/additional confirmations don't anyhow make the request resolution faster.

Let's be clear here: NOT answering such questions and not doing as you are asked to means your suspension stays in place and could become permanent.

Aleksandr P wrote: It is me who created this request and it is me who should decide if the request is resolved or not.

That's not how it works. It's not your platform. It's Upwork's.

So maybe dial back the attitude and cooperate with support so you can get your account back.

This is a procedure on how to restore suspended account - pass verification. I passed verification succesfully and this fact is enough and enough for restoring account!!!!

But a support engineer changed this standard process through asking questions which don't carry any useful information. How much questions are they going to ask? 

This is the reason why I put this conversation outside the support request to the right Upwork forum. In case anybody else is facing out the same happenings, the same strange and unnecessary questions being asked by the support team engineer. 

Aleksandr P wrote:

This is a procedure on how to restore suspended account - pass verification. I passed verification succesfully and this fact is enough and enough for restoring account!!!!

You don't get to decide what is enough to restore your suspension.

Upwork do.

You get to decide whether you want to cooperate or stay suspended.

Which will you choose?

This community thread is not about solving the issue. I just want to know if somebody else has figured out the same issue - account is suspended, but after verification is completed, some additional questions were asked and asked. 

It is again closed within less than two days being passed after the previous "close".

Petra, I am not working on Upwork. I am an Upwork customer. I bring money and Upwork provide a service.

But it looks like nothing prevents your from continuously keep my account suspended and asking questions (which don't carry any sense at all). So, you feel like you can keep my Upwork account blocked as you want and decide what questions to ask and how many question you want to ask (2,3,100,1000). Is it correct?

Is my understanding of your attitude it correct? 

Aleksandr P wrote:

Petra, I am not working on Upwork

Correct, because you're suspended for not cooperating.

Aleksandr P wrote:

So, you feel like you can keep my Upwork account blocked as you want and decide what questions to ask and how many question you want to ask

I am not keeping your account blocked. You are, by not cooperating.

But yes, your understanding is absolutely correct. Upwork can indeed keep your profile suspended as long as they feel is necessary, for any reason or for no reason at all. It's their platform, they decide who gets to play on it.

I don't feel like our mutual agreement (me and Upwork), which I accepted once joining the platform, allows any Upwork support engineer to keep my account suspended as long as he wish to?

And asking unecessary and stupid questions.

I don't know what is the expectation of keeping Upwork account blocked for 4 months and even more? May be you're waiting for some reward from my side?

Aleksandr P wrote:

May be you're waiting for some reward from my side?

They are waiting for you to answer the question(s) you are being asked or for the point where it becomes obvious that you don't intend to do so, at which point it will not just be your ticket that gets closed, but your account.

Hi Joanne,

Can you see the request is marked as "closed" in less than two days? Why is it being closed again and again?

I am not sure it is done automatically. Who said it is being closed automatically?

Aleksandr P wrote:

Can you see the request is marked as "closed" in less than two days?

Because there is nothing to be done if you don't do as you have been asked. There is no point in having an open ticket when the other party isn't cooperating.

If you wish to cooperate, do so.

If you don't wish to cooperate and prefer to stay suspended, then why do you care if a ticket is open or closed?

foresstgump
Community Member

Hi there! 

Actually, there is no question to a particular support engineer who is treating my request. All what I want is that my request was handled and proceed. 

By means of posting here, I just want to know if there is anybody else facing the same issue.

AndreaG

Hi all,

We've been following this conversation and I'll close the thread to further replies since the arguments have been exhausted and the conversation is moving in an unproductive direction. I'd like to thank all participants for their valuable input.

~Andrea
Upwork
foresstgump
Community Member

About 4 months ago I submitted request to unsuspend my account since after ID verification it was suspended. Support man started asking me questions like "would you agree not to create another account and hire yourself?" which I think is a kind of stupid since I already agreed to follow all the rules when my account was originally created. Now, the request itself is not loaded properly (request page is hanging while loading).

So, I would like to ask community if somebody has faced the same issue in the past?

Do you think it would be easier for me to close account and then create a new one? So, I will have another account, it won't infridge upwork agreement since I will have the only account at any given moment of time. But I will lose something like 5 starts rating e.t.c.

Aleksandr P wrote:

Do you think it would be easier for me to close account and then create a new one? 

Why do you keep asking that question having already been told that this would be another violation of Upwork's terms of service? 

Aleksandr P wrote:

it won't infridge upwork agreement 

Of course it would. You cn only ever have one account, not "one at a time".

If you close one account, you will not be allowed to ever create another one.

What are you trying to achieve with your incessant posts about the same thing? You account is suspended pending your cooperation, You haven't worked on Upwork in 2 years, have been suspended for 4 months and are unwilling to cooperate, so what is the point?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members