🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Worked without contract
Page options
dariusistrate
Community Member

Worked without contract

Hello.

I just had "my first job", I am very new on freelancing and I didn't know how this website works.

So I did everything through chat because I thought that's the way, after a long reseach I found how it actuall works and about how you  need some sort of contract [ which I don't know how to do]

I spoke to the client and I made what she asked for [ edited a short video] then I sent it to her the first draft [just to make an idea how I edit and let her decide if she choose me to finish the project] then I finished 2 versions of the video and she told me to send it to her and I did [ I thought that's the way how it works - on the chat]

After making what she asked for she said " No I’m still not happy with it. /It’s not what I’m going for]

What can I do?

Need some help.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ask her to send an offer and do no more work until you do. 

She probably will not, so you worked for free. Now you know better and will not do that again. Next time you use something new, read the instructions first. You mention a number of times that you didn't know how this works, and did long research. That is no excuse for doing free work. You are teaching clients that they can game the system with newbies, that doesn't help anyone. 

JoanneP

Hi Darius,

We always encourage freelancers to only start working once they have an active contract. Please also check this post and the freelancer resources to help you get started on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Darius I wrote:

After making what she asked for she said " No I’m still not happy with it. /It’s not what I’m going for]

What can I do?

In a nutshell: Nothing.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members