🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » NO REVERT FROM THE CLIENT SINCE MORE THAN 2 D...
Page options
abb0275d
Community Member

NO REVERT FROM THE CLIENT SINCE MORE THAN 2 DAYS

I completed a transcription project for a client. I was allowed manual time by her. I informed her that the assigned audios are done. She replied "wonderful-good". And now it has been more than 2 days since I heard any revert. Should I text her or wait? Or should I assume that I am not  gonna paid ever? 😞

P.S. This was my first contract on Upwork.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Tanya S wrote:

Should I text her or wait? Or should I assume that I am not  gonna paid ever? 😞

Did you log the time in the work diary? Then you get paid automatically.

There is no need for the client to respond and no, you should not keep chasing her.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Tanya S wrote:

Should I text her or wait? Or should I assume that I am not  gonna paid ever? 😞

Did you log the time in the work diary? Then you get paid automatically.

There is no need for the client to respond and no, you should not keep chasing her.

abb0275d
Community Member

Yes, I manually logged in the time but without the Upwork time tracker app.

Tanya S wrote:
Yes, I manually logged in the time but without the Upwork time tracker app.

For your information, manually added hours are not protected. So if the customer does not want to pay, you will have nothing to do.
It's just a warning. If the client is honest, this will not matter and you will receive your money, but it is something that you have to take into account for future contracts.

JoanneP

Hi Tanya,

Petra is right. You may also want to read this help article to learn more about getting paid for hourly contracts.

~ Joanne
Upwork
abb0275d
Community Member

Hi!

I really feel frustrated. The client's account had been deactivated for some unknown reasons. But now the account has been re-activated and she has even posted another job. But neither is she clearing my dues nor replying to me.

I want Upwork to contact her. How do I request for the same?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanya,

I checked this and see that our team already addressed this question for you on this ticketIf you have any additional question please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Tanya, I always inform my clients when I have finished a task. I send them the files.

I never wait for them to reply.

If they reply, that is fine.

But they are not required to reply.

I get paid automatically.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members