🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Name change and add company bank account
Page options
Community Member

Name change and add company bank account

I recently opened a new private limited company and I would like to get paid in my company account.

I added my bank account IN Direct to Local Bank method updated  but I am getting this error: ""Bank verification in progress

Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name.

Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.  ""

So can you please help me with this what documents you need and where I need to upload?

As well as I requested to change my name as per bank records and govt office id; so for the same can you please let me know what documents you need to approve my name change and where I need to upload?

You help is really appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Naresh,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42

Hi Shiffa,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f8ecade4
Community Member

Hi, I set up my Upwork account a while ago using my nickname Ali instead of Alison.  I have tried to add a US bank account & as there is a mismatch in the name of my bank account it shows as inactive.  How can I change my name to my full name in Upwork so that it matches my bank account?  I am actually working through a UK Limited Company but the bank account is in my name as Wise are not currently accepting applications for a business bank account.  Can you please advise how to proceed? Thanks Alison 

Hi Alison,

I see that you were able to update your Upwork profile name. You're only missing to complete your Tax Information so that you can use your payment method. You can visit this page if you wish to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members