Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a reasonable window to respons to proposals

paperdog
Community Leader
Grant C Member Since: Sep 8, 2017
1 of 2

Hello,

I have been doing IT biz for @15 years... but never used Upwork before.   My concern is about the turnaround and response times after  I submit a proposal.   Keep in mind these are not enterprise level bids and requests (Which can take months or even years for requestor to respond to)  .   These are tiny projects.   I firmly believe that there should not be more than a 2-3 week waiting period for a client to review and respond to proposals.    AFter a job is posted , a decision to move foreward should be made and a proper notification should be issuesd so the rest of us can also move forward.   ITs only proper, and the professional thing to do.  IMHO... Comments? 

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2 of 2

Grant

There are some clients who observe traditional business practices when using a freelance platform. However, the bulk of the users of the platform will in no way act in the way you appear to expect. You will usually only receive a response to your proposal if the prospect wishes to interview you. Jobs that have been filled will remain listed as open and some potential clients are scam artists. 

You should read through the previous posts in the New to Upwork section. That information will familiarize you with the way the platform does (and does not) work.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS