🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need help!
Page options
sadiyaasiraj
Community Member

Need help!

Hey. I had joined rework in January and received a rising talent badge in 25 days. My Rising talent badge has disappeared now. I have complete 4 jobs but was not aware that the contract had to be ended. Ended it now. But the clients I had worked with have not been active lately to give feedback. They had given feedback in the messages after submitting work though. Please help me out.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sadiya,

I checked this for you, and you have contracts without Client's feedback which still have the option to ''Enable client to change feedback''. Once you access the contract under "All contracts" and click on the Terms & Settings tab in the contract room, below the ''No feedback received'' you should be seeing an "Enable client to change feedback" link.  If you communicating with your clients you may ask them to change their feedback on those jobs, please read more how to do that on this help article.

We recommend that the freelancer lets the client close the contract because in this case client will be providing feedback for sure. If the client doesn't reply to your requests to close contract, it's okay for the freelancer to close it. That in itself will not affect Job Success Score negatively, especially if the client still provides feedback during 14-days period.

However, a pattern of contracts with no feedback can affect the Job Success Score negatively. So you may want to build your communication and relationships with clients in a way that you don't need to close the contracts yourself all the time.

Let us know if we can assist you further.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sadiya,

I checked this for you, and you have contracts without Client's feedback which still have the option to ''Enable client to change feedback''. Once you access the contract under "All contracts" and click on the Terms & Settings tab in the contract room, below the ''No feedback received'' you should be seeing an "Enable client to change feedback" link.  If you communicating with your clients you may ask them to change their feedback on those jobs, please read more how to do that on this help article.

We recommend that the freelancer lets the client close the contract because in this case client will be providing feedback for sure. If the client doesn't reply to your requests to close contract, it's okay for the freelancer to close it. That in itself will not affect Job Success Score negatively, especially if the client still provides feedback during 14-days period.

However, a pattern of contracts with no feedback can affect the Job Success Score negatively. So you may want to build your communication and relationships with clients in a way that you don't need to close the contracts yourself all the time.

Let us know if we can assist you further.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you for reaching out.

I was completely unaware of this. But, my initial clients haven't been active and I closed the contract only a few days back after knowing about it. Due to the negligence on my part, I have lost the rising talent badge and haven't received any JSS. 

However, I do have the feedback on the message from those clients. Could that be taken into consideration? If yes, How do I do that?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths